PDA

View Full Version : Hue v0.60 beta (PC Engine Emu for PSP)

SmashinGit
July 19th, 2005, 20:55
<a href="http://hue-e.hp.infoseek.co.jp/">E</a> has updated his PC Engine emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

enable GPU video mode
change frameskip (auto frameskip)
Sprite bugfix (you can play GunHead ,Photograph boy,Valkyrie no Densetsu)
CD emulation enable (but my cd-rom2 game not worked. lol)
adpcm , cd-da , state save will not work.
change joypad rapid mode

Download from here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/huepsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/huepsp.shtml</a>

cerebros
July 19th, 2005, 21:01
Great Gpu fullscreen, gunhed fixes and Sf2 CE @ 6f0fps with frameskip mapping set to no skip. Nothing else comes close. IMHO the best emu on the PSP so far... The genesis module from sougen comes a close second...

*hint* (for a fun experience) disable vsync when using the gpu accelerated modes for 80fs Sf2 Turbo version....

Download it and Njoy it...

C.

wraggster
July 19th, 2005, 21:15
thanks for the news :)

parabolee
July 19th, 2005, 21:47
So what are the best games for PC engine then?

geise69
July 20th, 2005, 02:44
My favorite's are Parodius, Gunhed/Blazing Lazers, Nutopia 1 and 2, Neonectaris, Final Soldier, Super Star Soldier, Soldier Blade, Airzonk. Some others...

I have a question though. I can't get to the options mode. This is the only menue that I can't get to the settings. Is there one? Cause I've used every single button combination to figure it out. I never have had problems with figuring out emus, but everyone seems to be making settings but when I load a rom I can't get back to any settings menu. Any help would b e greatly appreciated.

ace3093
July 20th, 2005, 02:49
I think you have to hold L trigger and then hit select to get to options. I cant seem to figure out how to get the cd games to work. Did anyone get it to work for them? and if so what did you have to do?

ArugulaZ
July 20th, 2005, 02:51
"Great Gpu fullscreen, gunhed fixes and Sf2 CE @ 6f0fps with frameskip mapping set to no skip. Nothing else comes close."

What? Are you saying this is better than the masterful PCEP?! I'll have to see it to believe it.

JR

geise69
July 20th, 2005, 13:34
I think you have to hold L trigger and then hit select to get to options. I cant seem to figure out how to get the cd games to work. Did anyone get it to work for them? and if so what did you have to do?

Thanks for the info! It was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure that out. Yeah I have yet to figure out how to get the cd emulation to work. It seems like you can only have one cd game folder at a time. The reason is because when you load the system3 rom it looks like it automatically loads the toc file to that game. However it says toc read error. If some one knows we would greatly appreciate how to use the cd emulation. Thanks.

ataribob
July 20th, 2005, 13:43

Any one else know how to get the menu to show up
The Left trigger and select does nothing.
Don'y know why most Emus don't tell you the most important part on running

Amiga
July 20th, 2005, 13:49
is this the first emulator to use the PSPs GPU for graphics???

Only i thought no one had figured out how to use the secound processor.

Eternal-Blue
July 20th, 2005, 14:01
Is it possible to play the the us version from neutopia 1+2 and bloddy wolf?

spaceman
July 20th, 2005, 14:10
Right just thought i would share my thoughts..

First for menu hold left trigger and then press select..

second i have managed to get Dracula X working using the CD emulation..
When your in the menu if you hold down the right trigger the rom select changes to TOC select so select you TOC file for the game u want take your finger off the trigger then select the super cd-rom 2 system file and joy it works and it runs super smooth too at 60fps with frameskip off and at 266mhz or even turning vsync wait off you can run it very well at 222mhz..
Problems well the main one being i can't get it to output any of the MP3 tracks although sound sfx are all fine, so not to sure if this Emu supports MP3 as yet or if i need to do something with my MP3's to get it to work..

By the way i think this Emu rocks and has taken the mantle from PCEP..

geise69
July 20th, 2005, 15:49
Thanks for the info on the cd toc selection! I just wanted to add, in order to get to the options menu when hue first loads up you need to load a rom first. After the rom is loaded you can then use L+select to get to the menu. Also for getting Bloody Wolf, and Neutopia I and II to work, it all depends on your rom. The one's that worked for me are named:

Neutopia II (U) [o1].zip
Neutopia (U) [a1].zip
Bloody Wolf (U) [h1].zip

Also for anyone trying to get Blazing Lazers to work the rom that worked for me is: Blazing Lazers (U) [hl].zip

DDRLord
July 21st, 2005, 01:32
Call me crazy, but does this latest revision seem to have a lot of broken features?
I can't seem to state save anymore.

Bloodsack
July 21st, 2005, 08:31
Right just thought i would share my thoughts..

First for menu hold left trigger and then press select..

second i have managed to get Dracula X working using the CD emulation..
When your in the menu if you hold down the right trigger the rom select changes to TOC select so select you TOC file for the game u want take your finger off the trigger then select the super cd-rom 2 system file and joy it works and it runs super smooth too at 60fps with frameskip off and at 266mhz or even turning vsync wait off you can run it very well at 222mhz..
Problems well the main one being i can't get it to output any of the MP3 tracks although sound sfx are all fine, so not to sure if this Emu supports MP3 as yet or if i need to do something with my MP3's to get it to work..

By the way i think this Emu rocks and has taken the mantle from PCEP..

I got the cdroms games going too and your right. No music in Dracula X:( pcep has music, but it's very scratchy....a few games work with sound, but most don't. as of now, PCEP 0.7 is still the best emu.

I'll be watching hue though. I just hope the next update will bring more games with sound?

bigjb419
July 21st, 2005, 11:10
Sprites still crash in blazing lazers when you get to level 7......

Devilspath6
July 21st, 2005, 19:33
Could you play the final fantasy computer games with something like this eventually.....im dying to play them on my psp

geise69
July 21st, 2005, 20:04
HUE is a TURBO GRAPHIX 16/PC-ENGINE emulator that supports turbo/pc-engine cd's and hu cards. It has nothing to do with pc FF games. There's other great rpg's out there better than FF, especially for this emu. Ys Book I&II come to mind. If you want FF on your psp go play "real" good FF games on SNES and NES. Those run great on the psp.