PDA

View Full Version : gettin a wii, homebrew? please read...

Black_Jesus
November 27th, 2007, 05:19
Okay I have a gamecube and love it (unmodded), and I'm about to buy a wii, I just have a few questions. I've already put so much brew/mods on my psp its not even funny, so I'm kinda used to the modding scene. but Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a firmware (patch) on new wiis to make them not play homebrew? (such as new firmwares on the psp)

I definitly would want to mod my wii in order to play homebrew (specifically emulators), and no I don't mind if they're running in "Gamecube mode" or whatever, just as long as they work. Just I would NOT want to buy a modchip (I busted an XBOx trying to put a mod-chip in it...and I spilt a Dr. Pepper all inside it...long story), but I wouldn't mind gettin AR for gc, just which version of AR do I need? and does it come with an SD card adapter?....for SDload? I think Sdload.dol or .exe or something is what I need for it to load but I'm not sure. I'm just a little confused about what to buy...and then how to exactly use it. No one has to write me out an entire tutorial, just give me direct links or something and I'll view them myself.

Also, is there a way to freely surf the web on the wii, I heard about the "Opera web browser" but what all can it do besides the VC, Mii channel, and download updates? can it e-mail? firefox? myspace? visiting DC Emu...yeah that would be ballin. Also, will there be a keyboard/mouse driver for the wii? (plug it in to the wii on its usb port)

Homebrewed DVD driver for Wii? Is it possible?

Wii reading burnt cds/dvds?

well...okay, I have way more questions but I'll stop here. please help me out, any answers would be greatly appreciated. And don't be scared to ask me about psp brewing you guys, I know all the tricks for that! :thumbup:

Black_Jesus
December 4th, 2007, 20:39
wow 243 views, no replys yet....what's everyone doing?:(

Shrygue
December 5th, 2007, 18:58
Version 3.00+ for the Wii breaks Gamecube homebrew that use the SD media slot.

The web broser costs 500 or so Wii points to get. Not sure about USB keyboard/mouse.

Burnt CD/DVS won't work on the Wii, same as trying to load those on an unmodded PS2.

PSP discussion to be done at these forums here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=199).