PDA

View Full Version : Buying PSP tomorrow!

sgm1986
November 28th, 2007, 00:37
tomorrow morning i shal be down the highstreet getting my psp! that im havin for christmas!

i want to be able to play backups of my games (eg iso/cso)
be able to use web browser, msn, n skin it with like windows lookin OS/firmware!
ohh also want to be able 2 play emulators like snes and nes and amiga! that would be ace!

what Pro Duo Card do ppl recomend?

what is homebrew software and cud someone show me an example?

and what firmware do people recomend (custom?)?

so erm yea im quite new to psp after slating them off for a few years, relised there the bombdigity! lol :thumbup:

so yeah does it actully matter if i get the slim or normal psp?

thanks for any help

NoQuarter
November 28th, 2007, 00:44
get a 4 Gigabyte memory card they're pretty cheap now

I have slim and phat psp, the only real differences are: tv out on the slim and IR on the phat.
The slim in my opinion has a better D-pad so if you play fighting games you may want to go for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psp_homebrew

sgm1986
November 28th, 2007, 01:19
thank you!

that links very helpfull!

NoQuarter
November 28th, 2007, 14:51
no prob,have fun!

one thing,I wouldn't ask around here about iso's it's against the rules(I think it still is ).There's a lot of resources available that'll show how to back up your data.

sgm1986
November 28th, 2007, 22:44
i got my psp! im tryin 2 get 3.72 HX on it, but my psp has 3.72 on it already!

and wen i go 2 install it it says 3.72 already installed! av i messed up? n have 2 wait till next firmware comes out?

eminem2o4
November 28th, 2007, 23:28
i got my psp! im tryin 2 get 3.72 HX on it, but my psp has 3.72 on it already!

and wen i go 2 install it it says 3.72 already installed! av i messed up? n have 2 wait till next firmware comes out?

you need to downgrade your psp b4 u can put HX on, or i recomend 3.71M33-3 (Dark Alex is a genious) but to downgrade on a psp slim it is much harder, i would of recomended a psp phat because it is a hell of alot more easier to downgrade

So to downgrade you have to use a Pandora's Batter, which to make you need to have a homebrew psp, so as i think you dont have one, go on2 ebay and buy one that someone eles has made, but make sure it has been made to downgrade a psp slim, not phat or fat.
If you goole Pandora's battery it should tell you all you need to know.

Then aftr you downgrade you can put you 3.72HX, on 3.71M33-3 with i would say has alot more usefulll things in it

sgm1986
November 28th, 2007, 23:51
so basicly i have 2 wait untill new firmware from sony comes out unless i get pandora?

can i not downgrade like u can from other custom firmwares? x

sgm1986
December 3rd, 2007, 01:07
hey guys thanks for all your help!

i got it downgraded to 3.71 M33-2 so im well chuffed now! =]

gettin my memory stick after christmas!

workd out how 2 use homebrew! lookd at the windows xp portal thingybob!

i seem 2 be gettin hang of it all now!

=] x

ganon
December 3rd, 2007, 20:27
play.com has sandisk 4gb memory sticks around £30

sgm1986
December 4th, 2007, 01:16
ohh cheers yeah its the red gaming one yea? i think thats what im gona get! best offer ive seen so far

JPJunkie
December 4th, 2007, 16:49
Remember for future though no talk of ISOs on these forums