PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast price question

spartan.
November 28th, 2007, 00:59
Hi, i was considering buying a dreamcast and was wondering what the average price was, a good place to buy one, and some games you could reccomend. Thanks

JKKDARK
November 28th, 2007, 01:12
ebay

$30-40

Christuserloeser
November 28th, 2007, 23:40
ssaxdude probably would recommend this: http://www.nintendorepairhut.com/systems/segadreamcast.html

- but these don't come with proper video connectors nor any games so yeah, ebay is your best bet.

Regarding games - The Dreamcast has a huuge list of great games but some are pretty expensive (especially shmups!). Anyway, these should get you started:

-1 on 1 Fighters (2D)-
King of Fighters: Dream Match '99
Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3
Street Fighter III /Third Strike

-1 on 1 Fighters (3D)-
Power Stone /2
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive 2

-FPS-
Quake III Arena
Fur Fighters

-Racing-
Sega Rally 2
Daytona USA 2001

-Platformer-
Rayman 2
Sonic Adventure /2

-Survival Horror-
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

-Multiplayer-
Bomberman Online
Worms World Party

-Sports-
Virtua Tennis /2 = Sega Sports Tennis 2k2
NBA 2k2

-Shmups-
Mars Matrix
Giga Wing 2

-Music-
Space Channel 5
Feet of Fury

I would consider each and every game on this list as a Must-Have but you got to keep in mind that these also are the most obvious titles and pretty easy to find on ebay. There are many more great games out there waiting to be discovered ;)

beetroot bertie
November 28th, 2007, 23:51
If you're looking at importing Japanese games, Ikaruga, Border Down and Zero Gunner 2 are all good shoot 'em ups and Guilty Gear X is a nice looking 2D fighter.

2nd hand Dreamcasts sell for about £20 at places like Gamestation here in the UK with games ranging from the 99p to £10. The imports would cost more and you can get an idea by checking out play-asia.com etc for prices.

If I had to pick 5 games to recommend I'd choose (in no particular order): Ikaruga, Soul Calibur, Rayman 2, Rez and Samba De Amigo. There's plenty of other top games too like those mentioned in the post above :D