PDA

View Full Version : My PSP Buttons lock up after a period of Gameplay

Garca
November 28th, 2007, 15:15
Recently I dropped my PSP on the floor, after that my psp well play for about at least 5 - 10 minutes..then after that my psp locks itself and im unable to press any buttons but the gameplay is still running........I might be the first case to have this problem but any help would be greatly appreciated.

NoQuarter
November 28th, 2007, 15:19
personally I would disassemble and reassemble it making sure to check all connections.They're really not hard to take apart.

Garca
November 29th, 2007, 02:22
disassembling my PSP thats to risky for a guy like me, im not that much into PSP hardware.

Heres a video to further explain my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxMjj_aKjtE

sourced
November 29th, 2007, 12:45
have you considered your psp HOLD switch breaking loose and maybe after a few mins it falls by itself and activates hold.

well, honestly, the best thing to do it open up your psp and examine it; and all the connections

NoQuarter
November 29th, 2007, 12:57
It's only a few screws,ribbon cable and patience...
It really is your only choice as it is obviously a hardware problem.
I was nervous first time I opened one,wasn't as bad as I thought.If you take your time it'll be no prob,JUST DON"T STRIP THE SCREWS.

Your only other choice is to pay someone to diagnose and/or repair.

murgero1
November 29th, 2007, 13:02
yep, they're right, personally i would check the hold switch witch side did the psp fall on? When the psp locks up check the hold light(under the power light) see if it isd on if it is turn ur psp upside down...(UMD slot faces the ground) and see if it unlocks if it does.... welll u have a problem. do all the buttons lock up??

NoQuarter
November 29th, 2007, 13:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHAxde5b1n4

I personally lay upside down gaff/duct/masking tape down to put the screws on exactly as they were in the psp.

Garca
November 30th, 2007, 23:17
have you considered your psp HOLD switch breaking loose and maybe after a few mins it falls by itself and activates hold.

yeah, im thinking its something like that, But it only happens when i use the D-pad of the PSP....if i instead use the analog numb the problem doesn't happen.

witch side did the psp fall on?

it fell under my computer desk so i didn't get a chance to see which side it fell on.....but all i can tell you is that when it fell the UMD drive opened slightly.

When the psp locks up check the hold light(under the power light) see if it isd on if it is turn ur psp upside down...(UMD slot faces the ground) and see if it unlocks if it does.... welll u have a problem. do all the buttons lock up??

no, the light doesnt come on...and yes, All the buttons lock up...the only option i have is to hard reset and after the psp boots up again the buttons work....just so i can go into a game and it locks up again.

EDIT:
hmmmmmm thats strange....when i push down to the hold position a light is suppose to come on right?....well i did it and a light doesnt come on but the psp still holds...but i look closely and switched from hold to unhold and i can kinda tell by its transparency of the current color....its hard to explain...

and when i use my psp to display on remote joy, im still able to move in-game with the PS2 gamepad or keyboard via USB when my buttons finally decides to lock up.

yeah, I think it might be a problem with the Hold switch sourced mentioned.

Final Edit:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Im here to inform you that my PSP is BRICKED!
I finally went in...everything was working smooth...until i broke off the small latch that holds the cable to the screen.
And i highly doubt thats fixable.

...Garca's First PSP...RIP :(

This thread is now closed....unless you all can tell me other wise.