PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew for 1.52?

B_man55
July 21st, 2005, 00:21
Hey guys. Does anyone know if somebody is currently working on hacking the 1.52s so they can play emus and homebrew? Thanks.

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 01:26
Hey guys. Does anyone know if somebody is currently working on hacking the 1.52s so they can play emus and homebrew? Thanks.

no, there isn't

Cross
July 21st, 2005, 01:59
Actually I did read somewhere that they have completed a roll back to 1.50 firmware. I am trying to remember where, it had to do with another program and they just tried it...it was damit I will go find it. This was something completely different and in dev. it was confirmed and a PSP Dev creation from what i understood, it was even posted about here but its main purpose is something other then Firmware roll back but it was able to do it and had already been done.

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 02:07
Actually I did read somewhere that they have completed a roll back to 1.50 firmware. I am trying to remember where, it had to do with another program and they just tried it...it was damit I will go find it. This was something completely different and in dev. it was confirmed and a PSP Dev creation from what i understood, it was even posted about here but its main purpose is something other then Firmware roll back but it was able to do it and had already been done.

i read that at pspupdates
but i also read it was fake :(

shadowprophet
July 21st, 2005, 02:41
hmm if they never crack 1.51/.152 that means 1.5 and 1.0's will be worth quite a bit of pocket change as time goes on :D

I still woulndt part with my psp tho. I love the damn thing too much.
But as time goes by im sure somone will find a way. I wouldnt sweat it :rolleyes:

RabidPuppi
July 21st, 2005, 03:26
yeah some people are satisfied with 1.0's and 1.5's being cracked but plenty of people are still left without the option of homebrew, and thier numbers will grow! regardless... all things come with time when it comes to hacking. like shadowprophet says "don't sweat it"

B_man55
July 21st, 2005, 04:47
I remember reading about an actual device that was made that allowed for many different pieces of memory card and chips to be used with a PSP and also could roll back to 1.0, but I have never heard of a program that can do it.

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 05:17
I remember reading about an actual device that was made that allowed for many different pieces of memory card and chips to be used with a PSP and also could roll back to 1.0, but I have never heard of a program that can do it.

ya, you can supposesedly revert back to 1.0, using a mother board you can purchase off some site. but it costs 100 dollars.
it's better to use 1.5, after all, it does do homebrew

Cross
July 21st, 2005, 05:37

THATS IT!!! It was a USB connector for other types of Memory cards!!! I remember some of it now thats where I read about it it and allowed for other options. (AKA Firmware downgrade) I hope this is not covered in the post above me, lol I was happy to finally remember it lol.

Anyway they were working on getting it ready for release the pictures they had they said were just the circuit board (which I saw) and were waiting to make a case for the unit.

PSP_Newbie
July 21st, 2005, 06:31
well, im pretty sure a many people are working on it right now, as now all new psp's are being shipped w/ 1.51 firmware, its becoming a problem for not just a minority. however, although im pretty sure many people would be working on it, i dunno if they have much progress... :(

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 07:03
all new psp's are being shipped w/ 1.51 firmware
yes, my friend just bought a brand new one, and it had 1.51

shizzle
July 21st, 2005, 07:03
cross, i think your talking about the pspix thing from teamxecuter.They had a dev device that allowed them to write to flash correctly to manually replace the firmware. However they weren't going to release it to the public for a while.

Cross
July 21st, 2005, 15:55
I probably am. Oh and I just bought another PSP from Gamestop last night and its ver 1.50

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 16:51
I probably am. Oh and I just bought another PSP from Gamestop last night and its ver 1.50

probly hasn't shipped 1.51 new psp's to your area yet
where do you live?? i might move there :p

PSP_Newbie
July 22nd, 2005, 09:37
wow u serious? thats awsome, if only i lived there :(
i tried returning my psp for a new one almost 3 weeks ago in the very beggining of July once i found out homebrews worked on a 1.5, but was just about devastated when i found it had 1.51 firmware(a friend not interested in homebrew saved me from giving up on homebrew) but im really glad at least some people are still getting 1.5's
(and woot!! 100post):D

indstr
July 22nd, 2005, 17:49
damn glad i read this. some asshole in another thread told me that all the psps shipped to north america are still 1.50. guess i will have to go back to my original plan.