PDA

View Full Version : A recent thought.

B_man55
July 21st, 2005, 05:06
A thought just struck me. Since homebrew voids the warrenty on your PSP, what proof do we have that the emulators aren't harming our PSPs so they can no longer be used? Don't say something like, "Well, if it hurt someone's PSP, they would post it in the forums." Because emulation hasn't been around long enough, what honost opionion could reassure me that i won't have a defective unit in a year's time? I hope someone can come up with a good one.

Greensprout
July 21st, 2005, 05:08
How can anyone prove you've had homebrew on the PSP?

Surely hey can't if you wipe the MS?

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 05:15
homebrew voids the warrenty on your PSP.
read manuals/online resources
the only reason it voids the warrenty is becaused it's not licensed by sony, so sony can't tell if it has viruses or not
if you just delete all the homebrew off your psp, and send it to sony to repair, they repair it. i've already done that

Cross
July 21st, 2005, 05:32
Yes the way Sony works is if you ADMIT to using anything NON-SONY or not Licensed by them they nail you (except on laptops I have had many dealings with them there on many models). But if you say remove your 512 Memory Card (which you should not send the PSP with anyway) then you are fine.

Basically it all comes down to if you are comfortable with lieing about it. I purchased the Gamestop 1 yr warranty on every system I own. I know the workings of it and if you have that you could throw the damn thing through a wall they will just verify it does not work and give you another no questions asked. Good for any system you have 5 days from when you bought the system to get the warranty.

Hope that helps you, its clear cut on how you want to handle it. But there is no way around it, its lieing. And to be honest, I have no problem doing it with Sony. If you think it a Moral Issue consider the company first;
go read a good book called "The Japan that could not say No"
If you want a compairison look at how you may or may not feel about Microsoft and the control they have over the PC system and the things they do. Once you read this book you will think of Microsoft as a Child in a candy Store thowing a fit because he could not have a candy he wanted.

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 05:57
Yes the way Sony works is if you ADMIT to using anything NON-SONY or not Licensed by them they nail you (except on laptops I have had many dealings with them there on many models). But if you say remove your 512 Memory Card (which you should not send the PSP with anyway) then you are fine.

Basically it all comes down to if you are comfortable with lieing about it. I purchased the Gamestop 1 yr warranty on every system I own. I know the workings of it and if you have that you could throw the damn thing through a wall they will just verify it does not work and give you another no questions asked. Good for any system you have 5 days from when you bought the system to get the warranty.

Hope that helps you, its clear cut on how you want to handle it. But there is no way around it, its lieing. And to be honest, I have no problem doing it with Sony. If you think it a Moral Issue consider the company first;
go read a good book called "The Japan that could not say No"
If you want a compairison look at how you may or may not feel about Microsoft and the control they have over the PC system and the things they do. Once you read this book you will think of Microsoft as a Child in a candy Store thowing a fit because he could not have a candy he wanted.

here's a less complicated way

all of the emulators for the pc are not licensed by microsoft, so they have the same amout of chance of damaging your computers as emulators for psp do

shadowprophet
July 21st, 2005, 06:43
heres a thought. If your playing homebrew. and your systems breaks. and you have to send it in to sony. you might as well break down and cry anyways cause the damn things not comeing back a 1.0 or a 1.5 anyway.

B_man55
July 21st, 2005, 08:25
Very correct Shadowprophet. And yes, Cross, I have no problem lying to Sony. My mom used to work for the bastards and she hated them. They overprice everything and they have horrible customer service, trust me. Microsoft is just as bad but I've always hated Sony. The only reason I bought a feckin' PSP was for the Nintendo games. The only problem is is that the sons a bitches give you a 90 day warrenty. Now, that is just absolute crap in my opinion. My Nintendo DS got it's touchscreen scrapped and Nintendo sent me a new one. By the way, in BC Canada, the DS's warrenty is a year and if anything happens to your DS, they send you a new one and give you an additional years worth of warentee free. I once called Sony about the Disc Read Error (F*cking Sony) and they told me, "There is nothing we can do at this time. Make sure you are using only SCEA licensed games and make sure they aren't scratched." I was so pissed that I literally attempted to kill the innocent Sony representative on the phone with a spoon. I of course failed, but I felt better after a while. All in all, I sure hope the emus don't ruin my PSP because I have no warrenty left. Although,(and I know many will back me up) because of the amazing game library that the PSP can NOW play with emulation, it is a chacne I am willing to take.

docman
July 21st, 2005, 19:21
here's a less complicated way

all of the emulators for the pc are not licensed by microsoft, so they have the same amout of chance of damaging your computers as emulators for psp do

Bad comparison... MS didn't make the PC.

xuphorz
July 21st, 2005, 19:23
Bad comparison... MS didn't make the PC.

they made windows, and all the emulators run on windows. (except the mack's and linuxes)

Cap'n 1time
July 21st, 2005, 19:35
they made windows, and all the emulators run on windows. (except the mack's and linuxes)

blargh, things are more commonly developed inside linux and macs... they are usually ported to windows- as to prevent the majority of the worlds idiot computer users from whining.

heheheh "macks and linuxes". thats one to remember. I mean no offence by that statment... i just thought that was kinda cute.