PDA

View Full Version : 3.72 identical to 3.73

wraggster
November 30th, 2007, 00:41
Dark Alex and Mathieulh (http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1556) have posted this info:

After much investigations from Alex and I, we concluded that the 3.73 firmware is fully identical to the 3.72 firmware, the only thing that changed were the module versions and the index.dat/version.txt that display the firmware version. ALL the kernel and vsh modules are the same, so are the rco files.

As you know this does not really make sense and we have yet to find out why sony issued a new firmware revision when nothing was changed. Perhaps there may be some flaw in the updater itself that may explain this move, I don't think we will ever know for sure.

Also this the part when some "coder" gets greeted by noobs because of being so "fast" to port "his" custom firmware to 3.73 while nothing at all changed from its previous 3.72 version. I will let you all figure out who that might be...

UPDATE: lflash_fatfmt seem to have changed a bit (over 20 different bytes) but that's all we could find, no critical change and certainly does not need ANY patches to be modified/updated in any way to run a custom firmware, perhaps the bugfix is there (we are not sure of that yet, we are curently taking a closer look at the module to be sure)

Gene
November 30th, 2007, 00:50
Wow. Thats just like Sony. To give useless updates to the general public. They could have at least added 3rd party eboot support.

ab9003
November 30th, 2007, 01:39
Does this stop remote play support for us using the 3.71 m33 trick? =\

watupgroupie
November 30th, 2007, 04:44
Does this stop remote play support for us using the 3.71 m33 trick? =\
Try reading before posting, that is by far the dumbest thing i've ever read here.

Bobtentpeg
November 30th, 2007, 05:58
Wow burned.

_HellDashX_ just got told off by D_A and Math.

Thats got to smart

and i agree with them wholeheartedly

Murdock
November 30th, 2007, 15:25
Try reading before posting, that is by far the dumbest thing i've ever read here.

WRONG!

Wow burned.

_HellDashX_ just got told off by D_A and Math.

Thats got to smart

and i agree with them wholeheartedly

THAT's the dumbest comment for a long time ... criticizing ppl. who try to contribute to the scene for absolutely NO reason ...

And Dark Alex and his folks even do it, too ... shame on them!

What should be his intention? To be better than them? LOL even a narrow minded person like Bobtentpeg, believing the crap those M33 ppl. say should see that _hellDashX_ is not doing CFW coding (or editing or whatever u wanna call it) for fame ... he cannot become as famous as Dark Alex ... he has invented CFWs and made the best one. There'S no doubt about that .. and Hel knows this I suppose .. so it's just rediculous to try to compare his work to M33 releases ... as you guys always do .. he is PRACTICING and trying to ADVANCE his coding skills ... maybe to become able to code a CFW entirely on his own ... and what of those "gurus" or "gods" *irony* or whatever of M33 will stop releasing CFWs? ... and u demoralize possible successors already at teh very beginning of their training? ... Wouldn't u bite ur ****in ass if you let him down and then there is no1 left? ... maybe he will one day make very good and usefull CFWs when there's no1 left doing so ... MAYBE ... so support him u jerks!

boo128
November 30th, 2007, 16:01
Thank you Murdock for saying this - it is about time "we" as a community started to support people who try to progress the future of the PSP in stead of just flaming them for not having the experience of coders that have been doing this for a long while.

As far as the question about if this would affect the connectivity between the PS3 & PSP - this is a very valid point considering Dark_Alex / M33 had to release an update (M33-3 for the 3.71 CFW) to enable compatibility with the 3.72 OFW & the PS3's 2.00 update...

watupgroupie
December 1st, 2007, 00:00
WRONG!

You need to learn to read before you open your mouth also. I wasn't wrong. There was no mention in the first post about anything to do with the remote function stuff in the M33 firmwares. Of course it's still going to work to as long as you clear some room for the prx and rip it from the official firmware and flash it to your psp. Also you might want to enable your spell check under firefox. If your using IE7 your an idiot.

Also concerning helldashx, of course he isn't as good as M33 but if he doesn't want to be compared to him then he wouldn't release his stuff. He should learn to practice on his own psp and then once he becomes good and there's no one else around to make custom firmwares anymore, then he should release them. I think you get my point.

Buddy4point0
December 1st, 2007, 00:06
Well at least they did change that one plugin.
It probably didn't do anything.

I would love it if Sony simply did this because they liked 3.73 better than 3.72.

Qmark
December 1st, 2007, 00:13
UPDATE: lflash_fatfmt seem to have changed a bit (over 20 different bytes) but that's all we could find,This suggests to me Sony fixed a file system glitch or something.
Twenty bytes would be pretty significant in that case.

AshtonNewton
December 1st, 2007, 01:12
This is kind of weird because according to Sonys site there is not even a 3.73 out yet.
http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/systemupdate

I find it extremly odd. I mean, if dark alex had a problem he needs a patch like previous versions. Like he could do 3.72 M33-2 instead of jumping like that.

JPJunkie
December 1st, 2007, 10:06
They did it because 3.73 is a bigger number therefore it sounds better :) lol

Cloudhunter
December 1st, 2007, 14:29
The simple fact of the matter is, his first release was just a hex edit of vshctrl.

That fact cannot be denied.

Cloudy

marzsyndrome
December 1st, 2007, 17:34
This is kind of weird because according to Sonys site there is not even a 3.73 out yet.
http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/systemupdate

I find it extremly odd. I mean, if dark alex had a problem he needs a patch like previous versions. Like he could do 3.72 M33-2 instead of jumping like that.
3.73 can be downloaded from the Japanese and UK sites though.

kori_994
December 4th, 2007, 04:55
3.73 has fixed an error in loading umd's because sometimes PSP's would fail to load the data and they apparently have found a solution