PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2 in late 2008 - Molyneux

Shrygue
November 30th, 2007, 20:05
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88601)

Fable 2 will be released in "late 2008", Peter Molyneux told Eurogamer readers today in a wide-ranging LiveText interview.

When pressed to be more specific, he added: "Late 2008. Maybe when the leaves have a slight brownish tinge - but are still on the trees, if you see what I mean." Fable 2 is Lionhead's Xbox 360-exclusive follow-up to the critically acclaimed Xbox ARPG Fable.

Molyneux also dropped hints about what else the British developer - now Microsoft-owned - is working on. "We are working on a title now which is kind of a hybrid of Dimitri," he told Eurogamer readers.

"I am really, really pushing the powers-that-be to allow me to tell/show the world this new project. I know I am prone to say things like 'great', 'revolutionary' and 'ambitious', but this new project its absolutely great, revolutionary and ambitious!"

Other highlights of Molyneux's chat with Eurogamer readers:

The name of Lionhead's second project quite possibly begins with "Mi" - the rest got snipped by a buffer in our interview system and then he thought better of revealing it!
He's interested in developing simulation and God games for the DS, and said he would love to do Dungeon Keeper DS if EA gave him the rights back.
The game he most enjoyed this year - "mainly because of the environment and story" - was BioShock.
He would consider working on somebody else's property rather than original IP providing Lionhead was given "creative freedom to take the licence in any direction".
He says the Xbox 360 is the best console he's ever worked on. "I have to be diplomatic, but that is true."
He believes that within the next ten years a game will be considered "a major scientific breakthrough".
He would rather be invisible than have lasers for eyes.

You can read the entire transcript through the blue-word doors to truth.

Shadowblind
December 1st, 2007, 01:09
Late '08? :(

Well, I guess the next best thing, [mass effect] can hold me till then...

JKKDARK
December 1st, 2007, 02:43
This serie must be the only RPG exclusive to Microsoft consoles, and that's nice :)

BrooksyX
December 1st, 2007, 16:30
Is anyone else worried that this game is going to be a big bust and not live up to they hype.

Shadowblind
December 1st, 2007, 17:11
Is anyone else worried that this game is going to be a big bust and not live up to they hype.

We're talking about Lionhead here, man. They're like BioWare--they do it awesome, or they don't do it at all.

There isn't a doubt in my mind :)

10shu
December 1st, 2007, 18:50
We're talking about Lionhead here, man. They're like BioWare--they do it awesome, or they don't do it at all.

There isn't a doubt in my mind :)

...yeah!!! it s lionhead that why I worry too. Peter moulineux should learn to shut up!

the original Fable was nothing like what they say it would be...

the movies game on pc, bomb...

BC been cancelled...

Black and white 2 wasn't as good as the original...

So yeah we have good reason to think fable 2 could be disappointing.