PDA

View Full Version : NeocdPSP v0.5 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
July 21st, 2005, 17:41
<a href="http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/index.html" target="_blank" >YoyoFR</a> has released a new version of what is probably the best emulator so far for the PSP, heres whats new in this release:

Music (mp3) playback bug in pause/play fixed (Last Resort seems ok now).
Rendering fixed (sprite disappearing)
New render using psp hardware
Improved GUI
New feature : autofire for A,B,C,D neogeo buttons
Changed memory io and z80 emulation with NeoDC 2.3 sources (music in more games)
New GFX from great pochi! http://pochiicon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
Screenshot (press R trigger), saved in uncompressed 24bits BMP (480x272)
Directory independant, you only have to put the whole files & bios in the same dir (no "/PSP/GAME/NEOCDPSP" directory only anymore)

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml

Amiga
July 21st, 2005, 18:34
how do u get the music to work?
im using pulstar ive put it in \NEOCDPSP\PULSTAR\NEOCD.MP3\PULSTAR-02.MP3 ETC..

magic_mascarade
July 21st, 2005, 21:34
I have problems with Sonic Wings 2 and 3 with it, music works but the sound is not working :( The other games works very well, maybe the rom is corrupted?

quzar
July 21st, 2005, 21:51
Sound effects do not work in either of those games. I was able to get them to work in NeoDC 2.2 but it left many more games without sound.

Rashman
July 21st, 2005, 22:08
Full sound and music on:

Puzzle Bobble,
Last Resort,
League Bowling,
Puzzled.

Great work!

ArugulaZ
July 21st, 2005, 22:58
What a superb emulator! The ADK games run perfectly now, which means I can have my Ninja Commando and World Heroes 2 fix on the go. I would have this man's babies, if I were biologically capable of it.

JR

bkdevart
July 21st, 2005, 23:28
Dumb question, but does this emu play regular NeoGeo cartridge roms? I hunger for KOF98...

quzar
July 22nd, 2005, 00:06
no it doesnt. but kof98 was on the NGCD.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 02:16
How about a list of the best NeoGeo CD Games???

Havn't played many myself.

RedKing14CA
July 22nd, 2005, 09:33
how do i put this on my psp?

Bloodsack
July 22nd, 2005, 13:13
Everybody having problems getting the sound to work, you'll need to re-name your mp3's.

Wrong: Last resort - track 02.mp3
Right: last resort - 02.mp3

Wrong: 02.mp3
Right: Last resort - 02.mp3

take the track word out(if they have them?) or add the name of the game like...

Sengoku - 02.mp3

it should work then.

I've tested a lot of games so far and here whats working 100% with full sound.

What works 100%

Cyber Lip:works perfect
Magician lord: works perfect
Baseball stars: works perfect
Sengoku: works perfect
Sengoku 2: works perfect
Robo Army: works perfect
Leaque Bowling: works perfect
Last Resort: works perfect
Metal Slug:works perfect
Metal Slug 2: works perfect
Viewpoint: works perfect
Iron Clad: works perfect
Last Blade: works perfect
Super Sidekicks: works perfect
Puzzle Bobble: works perfect
KOF 95: works perfect
king of monsters: works perfect
Street hoops: works perfect
ADK World: works perfect
Alpha Mission 2: works perfect
Crossed Swords 2: works perfect
Magical Drop: works perfect
Samurai Shodown: works perfect
Samurai Shodown 2: works perfect
Samurai Shodown 3: works perfect
Samurai Shodown 4: works perfect

I've tested others that don't work or aren't 100%.

but right now I'm only doing games that are 100%

Bloodsack
July 22nd, 2005, 13:19
how do i put this on my psp?

Extract iso, put the files in a folder, don't zip. it's takes forever to load and in some cases the sound wont work.

Name the folder of the game your extracted put files inside. next in that same folder with the extracted iso, put another folder called neocd.mp3 thats where you'll put your mp3's. put in the neocd main folder on your MS. and it should run.

One thing you do need though, is a bin file. it's called NeoCD.bin look on www.google.com it's easy to find. it's 512k.

good luck.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 14:38
Hey Bloodhsack, what are the top ten games for Neo Geo CD then? Are all the best games beat em ups?

Bloodsack
July 22nd, 2005, 14:48
Hey Bloodhsack, what are the top ten games for Neo Geo CD then? Are all the best games beat em ups?

some are some aren't.

I'm more into action games & shooters myself.

sengoku1 & 2, robo army, ninja Combat, the metal slug series, Last resort, aero fighters 2 & 3, Iron clad.

Babazoz
July 22nd, 2005, 14:58
KOF 99 and Double Dragon work perfectly as far as I can tell.

Bloodsack
July 22nd, 2005, 15:55
Updated list

What works 100%

Cyber Lip:works perfect
Magician lord: works perfect
Sengoku: works perfect
Sengoku 2: works perfect
Robo Army: works perfect
Leaque Bowling: works perfect
Last Resort: works perfect
Metal Slug:works perfect
Metal Slug 2: works perfect
Iron Clad: works perfect
Last Blade: works perfect
Super Sidekicks: works perfect
Puzzle Bobble: works perfect
KOF 95: works perfect
KO99:works perfect
king of monsters: works perfect
Street hoops: works perfect
ADK World: works perfect
Alpha Mission 2: works perfect
Crossed Swords 2: works perfect
Magical Drop: works perfect
Samurai Shodown: works perfect
Samurai Shodown 2: works perfect
Samurai Shodown 3: works perfect
Samurai Shodown 4: works perfect
Soccer Brawl: works 99% with full sound.
Top hunter: 100% perfect
Twinkle Star Spirites :100% perfect
Last Blade 2: works perfect

I've tested others that don't work or aren't 100%
but right now I'm only doing games that are 100%

quzar
July 22nd, 2005, 18:21
Samurai showdown 4 should have some graphical errors after the menu.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 18:33
Quick questions.

It seems to me that some of the games have pretty boring/crappy music in them, if I remove the MP3's (as they take up the most space) will the games still run fine with sound but no music? That would drop the size of some of the games greatly.

Also is it possible to have a "custom" soundtrack in games if I use my own MP3's and name them the same as the game MP3's?

I'll test this later myself if I get a chance (at work now).

quzar
July 22nd, 2005, 18:41
yes to both. however, you have to be careful because some tracks are only a few seconds and do things like loop over and over to produce the real music.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 19:11
Well thats good news on both accounts, Think I'll try some custom soundtracks to some Neo Geo games :)

geise69
July 22nd, 2005, 20:15
Umm...it might not work if the mp3's are a different file size and length. I remember when Ridge Racer for PSX alowed you to put in a music cd while playing it, but the music would start in the middle or the end cause the the PSX was still recognizing the track length of the songs on the Ridge Racer CD. If it works for you great! Also, how can you say some of the music is boring and crappy? Remember these tracks are pretty much straight from NeoGeo MVS carts. Great music and sound for the time. Pulstar, Last Resort, Viewpoint, MSlug games are great examples. Sound and music was one of the strongest points of the NeoGeo besides graphics. Way better than some of the cheesy music in games these days. Techno was cool in the early 90's but is getting a tad played out. There's still some great VGM being made but alot is pretty ho hum now a days.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 20:40
Yeah I'm not blown away by them, some of the music is good. But remember just because it is music from a CD doesn't make it good. Hell I could pu the Spice Girls in a game but I'd rather grate my ears off.

Some games the music is not very important, like Soccer Brawl, and in some games it's just horrible sounding. Pulstar sounds good but it's very repetitive.

quzar
July 22nd, 2005, 21:02
Umm...it might not work if the mp3's are a different file size and length. I remember when Ridge Racer for PSX alowed you to put in a music cd while playing it, but the music would start in the middle or the end cause the the PSX was still recognizing the track length of the songs on the Ridge Racer CD. If it works for you great! Also, how can you say some of the music is boring and crappy? Remember these tracks are pretty much straight from NeoGeo MVS carts. Great music and sound for the time. Pulstar, Last Resort, Viewpoint, MSlug games are great examples. Sound and music was one of the strongest points of the NeoGeo besides graphics. Way better than some of the cheesy music in games these days. Techno was cool in the early 90's but is getting a tad played out. There's still some great VGM being made but alot is pretty ho hum now a days.

no, it doesnt matter about the file sizes and lengths, just about the track number.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 21:57
Cool it does work without the MP3 folder, that's awesome because some of these games I won't play very often but may fancy a quick game now and then, and removing the MP3 folder makes Robo War & Soccer Brawl from about 35megs to 7! Sweet!

Can store a whole bunch of NeoGeo CD games without damaging my mem card space too badly like this.

nickgundara
July 23rd, 2005, 06:49
Im a newb at this stuff and cant get the roms to work. I see the emu on my psp screen, but it wont boot my roms. I cant even find the stupid neocd.bin file, and even if I did, I would know what the **** to do with it. I have some Neo Geo roms on cd from a few years back when I used to play them on my pc....i dont know if these will work with this neo cd emu. Any help will be appreciated.

KEZ2DJ
July 23rd, 2005, 10:19
thx, hope self pad set on next release.

Herbster
July 23rd, 2005, 23:47
To save space on the MS I deleted the 3 AVI files from Pulstar and saved 60Mb, still works ....for now.