PDA

View Full Version : idstorage keys on 3.11 and Pandora question

suliman
December 2nd, 2007, 00:22
I have a psp which currently has 3.11 firmware. according to the noobz website: http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/upgrader/downgrader-for-v3.11-psps.html

"As you may know, if you have a TA-082/TA-086 motherboard , then if you downgraded your PSP to v1.50, its idstorage keys will have been patched during downgrading to avoid bricking. The latest official Sony firmwares (3.30 onwards) detect this patch, and refuse to allow you to upgrade. Without a hardware solution, this can leave you trapped on v3.11 firmware, with no way to upgrade, and no way to downgrade."

I was wondering, if i used a pandora battery to upgrade to 3.71 m33 through the guide listed here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77747

would i still have a problem with the idstorage keys? if so, how can i fix this. Will i be able to run the idstorage fix? will i brick if i try to downgrade/upgrade this way? Can someone please clarify this for me?

Otherwise, could someone please tell me specifically what steps i should take to downgrade/upgrade my psp, preferrable to 3.71 m33. (pandora solution preferred.)

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 00:42
Pandora downgrades regardless of firmware or current state of psp.
and if you use despetar you will go straight to 3.71m33 anyway and custom firmware upgrades are always allowed thats why its called custom.

suliman
December 2nd, 2007, 00:49
yes, i realize that. but what i am asking is, does the id storage keys on my psp still need to be patched? or does downgrading/upgrading with the pandora solution i listed, eliminate the need to patch/fix the idstorage keys on my psp. or will they still need to be fixed?

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 11:36
As far as i'm aware when using pandora or despetar you dont get id storage problems because your doing the downgrade through service mode its not the same as running a downgrader from the past.

However there are key fixers available but for advanced users only as they cause serious problems if not done right.

eddieh4444
December 3rd, 2007, 05:52
I had a TA-082 and ended up at 3.71 M33-3 with no problems, I'm pretty sure Pandora will allow you to straight downgrade (or upgrade to CFW) with no problems but I'm not positive.

Cloudhunter
December 3rd, 2007, 11:19
Desperanto fixes idstorage key 5. You'll be able to upgrade fine, with no key fixes needed.

Cloudy