PDA

View Full Version : Help with Popstation Gui

evilguy12
December 2nd, 2007, 10:30
All the games the PS1 games I have tried to convert so far for PSP (apart from earthworm jim 2) come up with an image ofn a disc and an excalmation mark sometime in the game. Medievil 1 when I try to go into the Hiltop Masaleum (can't spell) the disc symbol comes up and it won't continue. MedEvil 2 doesn't get past the loading screen. I am using Popstation Gui V1.2 and I am using Magic ISO to convert the PS1 games into BIN files. (By the way what are cue files? when I converted medievil there was a 300mb bin file and a tiny cue file about 1kb big).

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 11:31
the cue file is used in some software and it just tells the software what to do its like a set of instructions for the software, as for your converting problem/playing problem what firmware are you on you may need to use the popsloader plugins.

evilguy12
December 2nd, 2007, 11:40
3.40OE. If I try to convert to ISO with that program it says that I have to choose a track to convert. So I converted it to Bin instead. Would that make any difference?

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 11:54
It should'nt make a difference are the games what are called mixed mode cd's meaning they audio is not embedded in the game they are seperate tracks on the game disk cos this can cause problems if they are i would recommend using a program called cdrwin from golden hawk technology it rips mixed mode direct to iso so converting via popstation is much easier.

evilguy12
December 2nd, 2007, 12:02
Ok but will that sort out the problem? I don't know if they are mixed mode. They are just PAL PS1 CDs. (MediEvil, MediEvil 2 and Earthworm Jim 2).

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 12:14
you can by popping them in the pc and opening the disc on screen if they are mixed mode you will a the music tracks on screen or they might be i a folder named music or tracks or similar, if that is the problem it will most likely sort the problem out cos when you use magic iso it not actually reading the disc it is just popping all the contents into an iso file whereas cdrwin does something different i dont know what but it works its all i use to rip my ps1 disc to psp.

evilguy12
December 2nd, 2007, 12:20
you can by popping them in the pc and opening the disc on screen if they are mixed mode you will a the music tracks on screen or they might be i a folder named music or tracks or similar, if that is the problem it will most likely sort the problem out cos when you use magic iso it not actually reading the disc it is just popping all the contents into an iso file whereas cdrwin does something different i dont know what but it works its all i use to rip my ps1 disc to psp.

They are mixed then. I can play the Earthworm Jim 2 music and see the MediEvil 1 & 2 cutscenes(I can't play them but they are named intro outro ect.) If it doesn't work I shall post again or edit this post.

BTW:EDIT: In the cdrwin do you have to type the file extension at the end of the name (example: medievil.iso).

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 12:37
BTW:EDIT: In the cdrwin do you have to type the file extension at the end of the name (example: medievil.iso).

No it does it for you

evilguy12
December 2nd, 2007, 12:41
Oh. the first time i tried it nothing happened. I did again by typing the .iso extentsion and then it worked. Do you need to the cue file inable for it work? It still has one when it is an iso file.

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 13:40
no you dont the cue file its only needed if burning a disc through cdrwin you can safely delete it

evilguy12
December 2nd, 2007, 15:52
It has done it again. On medievil 2 I can't get past the 2nd level (1st level, 1st boss) if try to select the next level it loads then comes up with the CD and Exclamation Mark Symbol again.

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 19:18
your disc isnt damaged is it cos it will copy errors too and cause that problem did the others work.

evilguy12
December 3rd, 2007, 17:42
The discs are not damaged and work in my PS2 fine. I can't think what is wrong with it.

kryst abegnalie
December 5th, 2007, 02:44
The discs are not damaged and work in my PS2 fine. I can't think what is wrong with it.

Maybe you can use some game id codes so that it may run. or you can use a popsloader, use SLPS01222, i have played brave fencer mushashi with that game id, and plays fine without glitches (the original error is the game cannot load in the start of the game.) That maybe fix some problem.:thumbup:

evilguy12
December 5th, 2007, 19:09
I tried what you said but that only fixed a minor error (if you pause the game while character is speaking, the character starts speaking all over again from the begginning of the cutscene) with MediEvil 2. I think it is the ISO burner I am using to be honest as when I tried MediEvil II with a different burner it got a lot further than it did at first (the first burner it wouldn't get past the loading screen. next one it can't get past the 3rd level).

Nope tried another burner and the same thing happened. What is going on? Has anyone else had this much trouble?