PDA

View Full Version : HELP! No DC emulation if burnt within Windows XP?

Mister_Dark
March 8th, 2005, 01:09
Hi everybody, I'm new, so I'm looking for some beginner's help.

I've been trying for weeks to get emulators working on my (US) Dreamcast. I have Nester, Zsnes, and Gens which all work fine on my PC and laptop. But I cannot get any of these to work on my DC.

Then I heard that they may not be self-booting, so I went to several sites and found, for example, NesterDC. In one particular download of this program, I followed extremely specific instructions, tried to burn with Nero, and it still didn't work.

What's happening is that I put the cdr in the DC, and it just goes to its main menu. The audio menu shows 2 tracks that I can't play, and if I try to play the disc like a regular game, the DC just resets.

I recently heard that if you have Windows XP, which I do, then the disc won't burn correctly and play in the DC. Is this true, and if so, can someone please, PLEASE help me!!!??? I'm new to this and I desperately want to use my emulators on my Dreamcast!

curt_grymala
March 8th, 2005, 01:35
What do you mean that they all work fine on your PC? PC emulators won't work on your Dreamcast. You need to have the Dreamcast versions.

Go here (http://dcevolution.net/DCHelp/Sbindv4_Tut.shtml). Read that tutorial thoroughly, and you should be on your way. It even deals with the issue that people have had with WinXP.

Mister_Dark
March 8th, 2005, 09:08
I'm sorry, I should have specified. What I meant to say is that all my games work fine running normal system emulators on my PC. Playing my snes games using Zsnes, for example, works fine on my laptop as well as my PC which uses Windows XP. But when I try to play any of these games in my Dreamcast however, it displays the non-working symptoms above, which led me to find discussions about potential non-burnability with WXE.

However, I'll definitely check out that link and see what it says. Thanks for letting me know, and I'll be back if I still can't figure it out.

Mister_Dark
March 8th, 2005, 09:47
Well, it's promising that I already learned that I was using too new a version of Nero, so that alone could have caused problems. Good to know, I guess I'll be trying again when I can get more CDrs. "Only" three coasters so far...

Still, I'm worried. I'm a smart guy, and I know enough to have those half dozen emulators on my pc, but when a newbie page is throwing out terms like ISOs and GUIs, I can tell I'm headed into a page that's clearly basic but still just over my head. It's frustrating, but I'll keep trying. Anyway thanks for that link, I'm sure I'll be back.

elefas
March 8th, 2005, 11:05
Guys if you have burning problems get Alcohol 120% or Nero v.5.xxx

Darksaviour69
March 8th, 2005, 11:52
if you have nero version 6 create a TOA nero image instead of a DOA which is the normal version, this will work ;)