PDA

View Full Version : I need help here.

DarthPaul
December 4th, 2007, 06:54
Hey guys,

Sadly, I turned on my Xbox 360 this afternoon and it showed up the Red Ring of Death. I was so pissed, but gah, that happens. And happily, tomorrow I'll get an[unexpected] check for my studies, and with that, I will buy a new Xbox 360. So the help I need is...

I was thinking on buying the Elite Bundle because it has HDMI and the new cores which "prevent" it to over-heat. But I found out that my TV doesn't have the HDMI input, and I don't want the converter either! So all that is left is the thing that prevents it to over-heat... but I heard that the newest Premium's have that, but I'm not sure about that. If the Premium really have that, I'll buy the Premium and forget about the Elite. It really does?

I want to be sure reading your comments. :)

Kichigai Mentat
February 20th, 2008, 03:53
Sadly, I turned on my Xbox 360 this afternoon and it showed up the Red Ring of Death. I was so pissed, but gah, that happens. And happily, tomorrow I'll get an[unexpected] check for my studies, and with that, I will buy a new Xbox 360. So the help I need is... to prevent you from wasting your money. Microsoft gave everyone a three year warrantee on their 360s specifically for RRoD issues.

I was thinking on buying the Elite Bundle because it has HDMI and the new cores which "prevent" it to over-heat. If I remember correctly, the Elite uses the exact same processors as the other XBox models. I don't think they run any cooler at all. The other big deal is that the Elite comes with a 120 GB hard drive.

But I found out that my TV doesn't have the HDMI input, and I don't want the converter either!Just because the Elite has HDMI doesn't mean you have to use it. You still get the classic output port, so you can hook up composite, component, S-Video and VGA cables. Most people say component and HDMI have the same video quality, so that's a moot point unless you have a powerful need for HDMI.

So all that is left is the thing that prevents it to over-heat... but I heard that the newest Premium's have that, but I'm not sure about that. If the Premium really have that, I'll buy the Premium and forget about the Elite. It really does? I think the new Premiums might have the 60nm cores, but I don't think the Elite does. The Premiums also only come with the 20 GB disk.

This is all moot, since it's quite possible your 360 can be repaired for free, meaning you can save your money and burn it on games, content and accessories.