PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever be possible...

ashley_90
July 22nd, 2005, 18:00
to connect your PSP via USB and connect to the internet? I've been wondering ever since I bought my PSP because I haven't got a Wifi router and therefore I cant play online with my PSP.

So, is/will it be possible to play online by connecting the PSP to the PC via USB?

xuphorz
July 22nd, 2005, 18:02
to connect your PSP via USB and connect to the internet? I've been wondering ever since I bought my PSP because I haven't got a Wifi router and therefore I cant play online with my PSP.

So, is/will it be possible to play online by connecting the PSP to the PC via USB?

seems kinda useless if you are already on the internet with your computer..... unless you have a REAL long usb cord

but, yes it problably is possible, but i doubt anyone will ever make it

ashley_90
July 22nd, 2005, 18:04
seems kinda useless if you are already on the internet with your computer..... unless you have a REAL long usb cord

But the thing is, i'd love to play certain PSP games online (like Wipeout for example) and seeing as I haven't got a home console it'd be nice to play people online via my PSP.

It must be possible.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 18:16
Not worth the effort to work out how to do it, since wirless routers are as cheap as $15. And then you could play online from anywhere in the house and the backyard :)

Just ebay for a wireless

RabidPuppi
July 22nd, 2005, 21:26
you can't play wipeout on-line anyway 8O(

JcBoyCool
July 22nd, 2005, 21:29
Just save up the $15 or so and buy a wireless router. If they ever make a mod for this (which i dont see happening) its going to take a long time to come out.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 21:50
You can play any game online that supports AD-HOC mode (which is most) just use XLINK or Kai tunneling software. Not sure how many people you'll find online but it does work and if you have a buddy with access too you can play head to head.

RabidPuppi
July 23rd, 2005, 00:58
rad! do you have to set it up with someone prior to going on, or can you access "lobbies?"

PSP_Newbie
July 23rd, 2005, 02:13
u have access to lobbies, just try it out, its organized by game, so u can see how many ppl are on or playing each game u want, most of them are empty from what i checked, but some games(especially Wipe-out) have decent amounts of players

xuphorz
July 23rd, 2005, 02:14
u have access to lobbies, just try it out, its organized by game, so u can see how many ppl are on or playing each game u want, most of them are empty from what i checked, but some games(especially Wipe-out) have decent amounts of players

can you check out untold legends for me?
i can't downlaod anything right now :(

RabidPuppi
July 23rd, 2005, 17:09
!!!!!!!!!!!!! that rocks

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
July 23rd, 2005, 21:25
Yeah but in the UK wireless routers are more expensive
and if you can get broadband via USB i dont see why you couldnt(maybe try to create an app for the 2.0s internet browser