PDA

View Full Version : NEW PC ENGINE EMU TROUBLE

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 13:30
I just cant seem to get this to work whatsoever, the menu just comes up black on the 1st attempt, damn im really s h i te at this

VampiricS
March 1st, 2005, 13:35
I just cant seem to get this to work whatsoever, the menu just comes up black on the 1st attempt, damn im really s h i te at this

If you want some help, please be more specific as in :

- Did you put the roms on the root of the CD ?
- are the roms names in 8.3 fileformat (means not more then 8 digits)?
- How did you created you selfboot cd image?
- What did you used to burn your cd image?

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 15:01
i need an ip bin dont I??? and nothing seems to work for me since i got XP

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 15:02
do i have to put the roms in a folder or just plain???

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 15:02
and what would you reccomend I burn this with??? HEEEEELP

VampiricS
March 1st, 2005, 15:26
You sure didn't understood what i was telling you aren't you?

Yes you need an IP.BIN.

Here's how easy it is:

1. Unzip the Hucast file to a folder called HuCast.
2. Then in the same folder, put the .pce files (roms) unzipped there.
3. Put a file called IP.BIN in that same folder.
4. Check that your roms filename aren't longer then 8 digits
5. Use a program like 'DIR2BOOT' to make a selfboot image of that folder.
6. Burn the image file in Alchool 120% if you created a CDI file or Nero 5.x.x if you created a .NRG file.

P.S. : Being on XP aint really a problem to burn Dreamcast homebrew, since many are on WinXP and have no problem.

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 16:29
thanks man, i really apreciate this, how do i make an ip bin????

VampiricS
March 1st, 2005, 16:44
Well like i already told you earlier, if you download selfboot inducer from the link i gave you earlier, it does have an ip.bin file in the folder of the application,just use that one and put the file into your hucast folder with the rest of your file. Please try to at least read carefully the help we provide before asking the same question twice.

This is the last post i do here to help you.

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 17:17
sorry man, i have the worst head cold imaginable, that and a 13 month old in the background, lol

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 17:32
like I said vamp, i really apreciate all the help, Im into graphics and Im a comic book artist, so thisisnt exactly second nature, lol, I'm working on a new background for this as we speak!!

VampiricS
March 1st, 2005, 17:36
No problem, we all starts somewhere, i am into commercial graphic design myself, but it's important to take the time to read the already available information available here, you'd be surprise how much information there is already on this website.

On another note, did you see the xbox version of this emulator, i really liked the interface, always wanted the dc version to look like the xbox version. I'd do it myself but i am already in way too much DC project to do a decent job on that ;)

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 19:49
well if I get the time myself, I only do standalone graphics, you know? like once only background pics et al

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 19:56
But I owe you one anyway mate, and I never forget a favour

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 21:58
I burned it ok, but the screen goes black, what have I done wrong now?

quzar
March 1st, 2005, 22:17
a lot of people have reported this, but the fact that anyone has it working means that its possible. I wouldnt know what methods work or not.

boule
March 2nd, 2005, 02:05
Hi!
to make an autoboot cd for this emu I used selfboot.exe you can get it here : http://dcreload.free.fr/utilitaires/Selfboot.exe

hope you don't get that BSOD no more ;)

scrabbus
March 2nd, 2005, 08:39
Does anyone have a working image???? If so could you post it here?? and would it be possible to explain what software you used to compile and burn the image? Thanks all

scrabbus
March 2nd, 2005, 08:53
tried and tried 5 coasters now, just always get the BSOD, HELP HELP!!!! :-[

scrabbus
March 2nd, 2005, 10:13
6 coasters, damn

boule
March 2nd, 2005, 12:38
Does anyone have a working image???? If so could you post it here?? and would it be possible to explain what software you used to compile and burn the image? Thanks all
giving a link to an image containing roms would be illegal :-X

there's nothing more to do than what VampiricS already said :\
if quzar said that other people had this problem, maybe you should wait until the solution is found

scrabbus
March 2nd, 2005, 14:02
maybe, I have spoken to a lot of people who are having probs with this. One more question, do the roms have to have capitals instead of lower case when renaming them to make them compatible (8.3)

Zorlon
March 3rd, 2005, 23:52
Caps and Lower work fine, I'm also not 100% sure they have to be in 8:3 format, alot of my files are not and they still work fine though it might be an idea to stick to the 8:3 format anyway just to make sure everything goes fine

***Hint***
Unscramble the 1st_read.bin before atempting a selfboot

quzar
March 4th, 2005, 00:01
when i released NeoDC for the first time and it was unscrambled people threw a fit because they said usually releases are scrambled. now i release something scrambled and people complain =P. next time ill just put out an elf hehe.

Zorlon
March 4th, 2005, 00:05
LOL you can't keep everyone happy all the time it just doesn't work.

I have no reasons to complain though I'm just atempting to help others get it working seen as I have it working myself, playing on it now infact :D

:P I'm not kissing your bum anymore though I done that enough in your own forum

P.S. I've started taking down alot of notes about this emulator on quzar's own forum, so some of you may find it usefull, some notes are on creating the CD others are on the games themselves

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 04:19
Unscramble the 1st_read.bin before atempting a selfboot
No, you want to scramble it. Unscambling the 1st_read.bin will result in a coaster.

Zorlon
March 5th, 2005, 09:34
Wrong way round it's already scrambled and that why there have been ploblems

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1109847972

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 18:28
Well if you're using an SBI, yeah, the 1st_read.bin must be unscrambled. But if you're selfbooting the HuCast emulator by itself, it mus be scrambled. Check out this link for more information on scrambled and unscrambled files:

http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/binary_info.shtml