PDA

View Full Version : 1.52 cracks

jigglebilly
July 22nd, 2005, 20:15
so yesterday i updated my psp. today i found out all about the psp emulation stuff. tried the kxploit.no good. so my question is if there is currently anything that will work on a 1.52 psp for snes emulators or if there is anything in the works. or if there is a way to restore factory settings on the unit. Thanks!

xuphorz
July 22nd, 2005, 20:26
so yesterday i updated my psp. today i found out all about the psp emulation stuff. tried the kxploit.no good. so my question is if there is 1: currently anything that will work on a 1.52 psp for snes emulators or 2: if there is anything in the works. or 3: if there is a way to restore factory settings on the unit. Thanks!

1 no
2 no
3 no

JcBoyCool
July 22nd, 2005, 21:22
They wont try to crack 1.52 anymore. They are going to try to crack 2.0 now.

RabidPuppi
July 22nd, 2005, 21:24
ech that really sucks dude. just be patient though. it may take some time but i have a funny feeling itll get cracked (along with 2.0 at some point... especially if they find a way to revert!)

xuphorz
July 22nd, 2005, 21:31
especially if they find a way to revert!

which i doubt

JcBoyCool
July 22nd, 2005, 21:38
which i doubt
It will happen.....................just give it 1-3 years.

parabolee
July 22nd, 2005, 21:43
Nah they'll found out MUCH sooner than that, these people are gsmart as hell. Name one system they said they couldn't crack that wasn't cracked! Hell even all the cart based systems were cracked to play backups.

If they can't hack Firmware V2, then they will find a way to "update" to hacked firmware. I'd bet good hard cash on it.

Oh and Jigglebilly, any chance you could get the PSP exchanged for another or something? Maybe the wallmart trick? I gotta be quick though because I hear a lot of the shelf PSP's are V1.51 now.

sarla1596
July 22nd, 2005, 22:04
yea i def wouldnt say 1-3 years, i think u give these people a good 6 months or so and theyll have v2 hacked

ProTH
July 22nd, 2005, 23:29
Nah they'll found out MUCH sooner than that, these people are gsmart as hell. Name one system they said they couldn't crack that wasn't cracked! Hell even all the cart based systems were cracked to play backups.
There's a pretty big difference between the various game-specific tricks and hardware modifications that has been done with most systems, and the total ease and universality of running homebrew code on most Dreamcasts and pre-1.51 PSPs.

WSOUNitePirate895
July 23rd, 2005, 00:13

If they can't hack Firmware V2, then they will find a way to "update" to hacked firmware. I'd bet good hard cash on it.

Oh and Jigglebilly, any chance you could get the PSP exchanged for another or something? Maybe the wallmart trick? I gotta be quick though because I hear a lot of the shelf PSP's are V1.51 now.

HAHA WALMART TRICK....

I would try e-bay... make sure you ask if its 1.0 before its shipped and bought.

I do hope that wefind a way to revert or overwrite firmware, I would like to be able to play my PSP games on my PSP, but havent updated because I spent more time on my emulators.

JcBoyCool
July 23rd, 2005, 00:20
yea i def wouldnt say 1-3 years, i think u give these people a good 6 months or so and theyll have v2 hacked
I am a very negative person. I just see it like this, Sony gets pissed and just spends a whole lot of time and money on this firmware so there is no loop holes at all. That way not even god can crack it.

parabolee
July 23rd, 2005, 01:11
Yeah but even if they can't crack it, they can "update" it to a cracked firmware. Seriously the method that the PSP goes through to updat over the internet coukld be exploited to downgrade to aloder firmware or even to cracked version of the newer firmware. Mark my words :)

Zephyroth_drgs
July 23rd, 2005, 01:23
the voice from beyond sayed.... freeee.... freeee firmware.....

ArugulaZ
July 23rd, 2005, 02:22
If someone could find a way to create their OWN firmware for the system, that'd fix the problem right there.

JR

ShinShoryu
July 23rd, 2005, 03:09
Didnt B Man just post this? Can't people just research a little bit first. Maybe try...I dunno...scrolling down before posting the same $hit.

Onetonbullet
July 23rd, 2005, 08:55
This IS in the works and it has been done...

XECUTER:

It will not downgrade your PSP firmware or patch for any illegal or even legal activity - we made a comment that we had discovered how to do this using discoveries made by dev hardware but we are not going to be making any such hardware to perform this task - there will be no need - groups like WAB will be doing all this via software soon enough. We imagined this was clear but you don't expect news to be edited censored and twisted by scene-terrorists so I guess the best option is to post no news at all.

So there...Soon enough.

auric_aka_Sum1
July 23rd, 2005, 11:14
I am a very negative person. I just see it like this, Sony gets pissed and just spends a whole lot of time and money on this firmware so there is no loop holes at all. That way not even god can crack it.

to say not even god can crack it......is to say that no man made psp.... IMPOSSIBLE.........!!...sorry.....THey will Make it....and WE will BREAK IT!!!
hence....ManMade.......heh
tis why no computer can run the way it was meant.......Especially Microsoft OS pcs......