PDA

View Full Version : Swap Star points for Wii Points!

Shrygue
December 7th, 2007, 19:05
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177164)

Nintendo has relaunched its official UK website and as well as a flashy new look, the Stars Catalogue is, at long last, actually worth your time.

Gone are the shite wallpapers and pointless ringtones. The now-named Club Nintendo section lets you swap your hard earned Star points for good gifts like Nintendo keyrings, a sweet gold Zelda statue and other Nintendo memorabilia.

Best of all, if you don't want any Nintendo tat, you can simply swap your Star points for Wii points in the Wii Points shop, to then spend on Virtual Console games. Sweet.

Nintendo says:

"The new site endeavours to make detailed Nintendo product information accessible to a wider audience, with clear access to information about Nintendo's current hardware and software, as well as providing a rich archive of gaming experiences past."

Other improvements include "an improved search engine will help visitors find games of their interest more easily, while special interest sites such as Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and Touch! Generations can be directly accessed." And Nintendo has overhauled the support section, too.

You can find the new site over on Nintendo.co.uk.

Good luck with getting on their right now though - it appears to be experience a few teething problems. We're sure it'll be fully up and running soon.

Baboon
December 8th, 2007, 00:18
Now this is what I've been waiting for... I can at last trade in my stars for VC games!

Nice! :)

Gold Line
December 8th, 2007, 00:32
I can't link my club nintendo account with my wii shop channel

drquack02
December 8th, 2007, 03:38
Now if only Nintendo America had a system like this :(

Baboon
December 8th, 2007, 09:37
Well they've sold out of wii points cards already on the Nintendo site so I guess that means no free VC games with stars for me. :( ...Considering they have only just relaunched the site I'd say that's a pretty poor effort.

Boo nintendo. :(

Gold Line
December 8th, 2007, 14:52
Well they've sold out of wii points cards already on the Nintendo site so I guess that means no free VC games with stars for me. :( ...Considering they have only just relaunched the site I'd say that's a pretty poor effort.

Boo nintendo. :(

what they ran out already!? :(

Baboon
December 8th, 2007, 15:12
what they ran out already!? :(

I cant even get on to the points section now as it keeps timing out. :mad: ...I assume its just teething problems with the new site?

I can't remember what the stars to point exchange rate was but it I'm sure it was pretty poor. :(

I've got about 5,000 stars and I think I worked it out that I could get one n64 VC game and maybe just about enough for a SNES title.

I guess its something for nothing though? ...just a shame I cant actually trade any stars yet! lol

souLLy
December 8th, 2007, 18:34
Didn't get much for my points really, Lylat Wars and Paper Mario but it's better than clip-art. If I'd have noticed you can get actual nintendo products too i would have gone for the ds game rack instead. Anyone fancy getting one and selling it to me?

mugcup
December 8th, 2007, 18:36
I am still waiting to get my hands among that. I ordered last week but havent arrived yet.

Baboon
December 9th, 2007, 14:24
Well now Nintendo have now completely sold out of all wii points cards for stars. :(

I hope they update the site so that we all get the chance to purchase them?

Accordion
December 9th, 2007, 14:53
how can they run out of a digital voucher?

Gold Line
December 9th, 2007, 15:50
I cant even get on to the points section now as it keeps timing out. :mad: ...I assume its just teething problems with the new site?

I can't remember what the stars to point exchange rate was but it I'm sure it was pretty poor. :(

I've got about 5,000 stars and I think I worked it out that I could get one n64 VC game and maybe just about enough for a SNES title.

I guess its something for nothing though? ...just a shame I cant actually trade any stars yet! lol

i think the exchange rate is 4 stars = 1 point.

i know its free but nintendo really needs to sort that site out whats the point in collecting stars if theres no cards to buy :(

El Xando
December 11th, 2007, 17:43
This is very annoying, they finally open the site after almost a year of it being announced, and it's slow most of the time, keeps timing out and trying to send me index.php, then when it does work it's very fast but there are never any cards to buy! Nintendo really need to sort this out.