PDA

View Full Version : I'm lost... [please answer any of my 5 questions]

mehmetcan
December 9th, 2007, 07:15
Hello to everyone,

I have an OFW 3.73 PSP Slim, I'm reading all these forums from 3 days more than 12 hours so far.

I'm lost :(
please answer my 5 blue questions.

my friend have "Pandora Battery" and "Pandora MS"
I dont know if they are for Phat or Slim.

1) Can I modify my PSP Slim(OFW 3.73) into CFW 371 M33 by using only these battery and MS ?
- YES - they are enough, maybe you also need kernel, but no-one sure what's needed for slim.(my guess)
edit: if I need to create Pandora Battery, I need a homebrew enabled PSP.
or I have to buy another battery and have to hardmod it bymyself

2) if My PSP Bricked, it means it can not use CFW anymore ? not even if I restart all the process ?
- NO - you can try, even it's not successfull, you have rights to try forever (my guess)
edit: some users reported that after bricking they could successfully install 1.50. but from their written progress table (usually at their signature) it seems that, they did not go for 371 M33 again, this is confusing me.

3) If I will be able to successfully install CFW 371 M33, can I also play my UMD Games as well ?

4) if I can not obtain Pandora Battery and Pandora MS from my friend. Can I buy them?(because I dont have CFW PSP to create mine). Should I care for any version difference while buying? (for Phat / Slim)
- NO - 1 fits all (my guess)
edit: people says that I should never downgrade PSP-Slim lower than 3.60. So what's the point ? Pandora MS has 1.50 FW inside, right ? so is it not compatible with Slim ?

5) After my PSP Homebrew enabled, can I upgrade to future M33 versions ? or everytime I have follow same process ?(battery, ms)
- you dont need to think about this now -
edit: for 371 M33 I have learned that v3(most recent for now) is upgradeable simply by putting it into related folder and starting update. My question is for big updates. like, from 3.60 to 3.70 or 3.70 to 4.00, etc.

yours respectfully,
Mehmet Can

Bobtentpeg
December 9th, 2007, 21:45
1) Yes, your friends battery and MS will work fine, just amek sure he has it setup using commentario V3 from DAX
2) No, you can unbrick most PSPs, and the people who say 1.5 prolly havnt updated their sigs
3) yes, most certainly
4) No dont buy them, use the Noobz.eu pandora service http://www.darkmessiah.byethost13.com/freeservice.html
Slims cannot go below 3.6 its hardwired on the motherboard, but a Pandoras batery s the only way to hack a SLim ieL give it 360 m33 or 317 m33
5)Yes, there is a high likelyhood that there will never be a Phat or Slim only firmware

mehmetcan
December 10th, 2007, 02:08
1) Yes, your friends battery and MS will work fine, just amek sure he has it setup using commentario V3 from DAX

Thank you very much !
Now I feel better.

about "Despertar_cementerio"
I'm not sure about my friends knowledge about these operations, he only have Battery and MS. We met on forums, and I'm afreaid he wouldn't change his settings for me. Can I make this MS at home. and Can I use only his battery ?

or should we set up "Despertar_cementerio V3" on a CFW PSP before ?

thx again.

EDIT:
correcting spelling mistakes & making it nice ^^

Bobtentpeg
December 10th, 2007, 13:15
you have to have a PSP to make the memory stick

Prasoc
December 12th, 2007, 21:09
Well, technically you dont since the files are available somewhere on the interwebs and you could but a psp tool battery..:rolleyes: