PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Firmware for download

YourStillWithMe
July 23rd, 2005, 03:12
I just read on the official PSP webpage from Sony that the 2.0 firmware will be available for download and WE DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE WHITE ONE.
The upgrade will be posted on the webpage on July. 27th (5 days) for all you who want to or are debating this update. Hopefully those intelligent hackers out there will stop trying to crack 1.51 and 1.52 because there a waste of time and give the system nothing! If you have a 1.51 or 1.52 I'd just upgrade to 2.00 it may take you further from Homebrew but at least you have cool other specs to entertain you while you wait and im sure hackers will tend to focus more on 2.0 than the other 1.51 and 1.52 because there less in demand and 2.0 will be. I wish you all the best of luck in your deciding of what to do.

cmelodysax
July 23rd, 2005, 03:42
If your favorite PSP game doesnt require you upgrade, then dont. end of story. Getting a web browser or chat isnt worth loosing my mario tennis. Plus im pretty sure somebody will brew one, let alone a better one than sony would produce (thats putting a lot of faith in the coders out there :)).

pkmaximum
July 23rd, 2005, 23:25
2.0 firm ware is not a big deal especailly since you can pretty much have web browser using wipe out pure like i did the only way i could see this being some what worth it is if it supports java games like runescape for exsample and mini clip.com games

Velo
July 25th, 2005, 08:54
Did you post a topic just like this one, or is it just me.

First, I assume all hackers are going to work on 2.00, so just go for it. I wouldn't spend $40-$50 just to get on the internet when I could get it free, unless you like wipeout of course.

Bus1nessboy
July 25th, 2005, 11:45
I'll just listen to what people have to say when this comes out and if its worth downloading then I just might do it.

Tetsuo
July 25th, 2005, 12:01
Yep they will hack the 2.0 and we will be happy with it. Untill then stay with the 1.5 or 1.0.

rmedtx
July 25th, 2005, 14:35
I'm staying with 1.5, If the new games require the upgrade... well, too bad a lot of people will not buy them.

YourStillWithMe
July 25th, 2005, 18:40
Yeah, the hacking scene is really awesome guys but dont forget that the whole purpose of this system is to play video games. I would personally upgrade if it was required with most games because you do realize were going to have to get rid of our 1.5's sooner or later, right!? The whole point of this system is to play video games. If you want to play NES, SNES, NeoGeo, PC games, etc. etc. than go play them on the consul. I'm not insulting the hacking scene I very much like it myself but the whole point of this system is to play UMD's and download music, movies and photos as well.

You will have to upgrade sooner or later (unless you plan on spending nearly $550 on two systems; one for 1.5 and the other to keep up with the updates. Is it really worth it THAT much though? think about it.

Shiaoran
July 25th, 2005, 19:11
I was thinking about something...
Is it possible that someone could make a homebrew firmware?
did someone mentioned it before?
It would end everyone's problems...

sorry if i talk shit, I understand nothing about homebrew, I just have a notion of what it is... :P

IndianCheese
July 25th, 2005, 21:41
Can someone give me a clear, bulletted list of what the new update's new features are? Also, will any of the features cost a fee to use?

Žeddragon
July 25th, 2005, 21:49
whats up with this? They (sony) will allow hombrew? http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about2822.html

YourStillWithMe
July 25th, 2005, 23:00
IndianCheese---
At the gathering, the upcoming firmware 2.00 was also unveiled. It will bring to life the following features on the sexy handheld machine:

Network
Internet browser added
* Macromedia Flash is not supported. A part of the web pages might not be displayed correctly
* The startup of the internet browser can be limited.

Video
Jump function added (UMD Video & UMD Music)
A-B repeat function added (UMD Video & UMD Music & videos stored in Memory sticks)
"4:3 mode" added to Video mode (videos stored in Memory sticks)
Sound mute function added (videos stored in Memory sticks)
MP4 (AVC) format playback support added (videos stored in Memory sticks)

Music
Can accept music tracks in Atract3 Plus format from "Sonicstage" under version 3.2 (now for pre-order)
MP4 (AAC) & Wave (Linear PCM) format playback support added (music stored in Memory sticks)

Photo
Wallpaper function added
Image receiving function added
TIFF, GIF, PNG, BMP format supported

Settings
"Korean language" added to "system settings" -> "System language"
"Character set" added to "system settings"
"Theme settings" added
"Internet browser startup limit" added to "Security settings"
"WPA-PSK (TKIP)" added to security method in "Network settings"
Keyboard now support web input.
* All the setting before the upgrade will be preserved.

and to answer your 2nd question-Not that I know of (at this point!) if you have a 1.51 or 1.52 version of psp your best bet would be to upgrade to 2.0 because most hackers will concentrate more on 2.0 rather than 1.51 and 1.52! plus even if they dont at least you'll get some cool stuff!

Žeddragon
July 26th, 2005, 02:52
I don't see anything new in what we already have, homebrew wise.

Shiaoran
July 26th, 2005, 03:16
can't you read the sticky threads?

Network
Internet browser added
* Macromedia Flash is not supported. A part of the web pages might not be displayed correctly
* The startup of the internet browser can be limited.

Video
Jump function added (UMD Video & UMD Music)
A-B repeat function added (UMD Video & UMD Music & videos stored in Memory sticks)
"4:3 mode" added to Video mode (videos stored in Memory sticks)
Sound mute function added (videos stored in Memory sticks)
MP4 (AVC) format playback support added (videos stored in Memory sticks)

Music
Can accept music tracks in Atract3 Plus format from "Sonicstage" under version 3.2 (now for pre-order)
MP4 (AAC) & Wave (Linear PCM) format playback support added (music stored in Memory sticks)

Photo
Wallpaper function added
Image receiving function added
TIFF, GIF, PNG, BMP format supported

Settings
"Korean language" added to "system settings" -> "System language"
"Character set" added to "system settings"
"Theme settings" added
"Internet browser startup limit" added to "Security settings"
"WPA-PSK (TKIP)" added to security method in "Network settings"
Keyboard now support web input.
* All the setting before the upgrade will be preserved.

o0sambo0o81
July 27th, 2005, 03:41
whats up with this? They (sony) will allow hombrew? http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about2822.html

Seeing as this came from g4, i would put some belief in it, they usually are on top of things. i hope it is true though

IndianCheese
July 27th, 2005, 04:31
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of maybe having a Macromedia Flash plug-inin the Video mode so you could watch your favorite saved Flashes on-the-go. Crap. So I'll be able to download this update wirelessly to my PSP tomorrow through Network Update, or just through this site?

Homebrew on 2.0? God, I want to thank you and Sony. My dreams have finally come true. Tomorrow, the PSP will become the most versatile portable system on the market. Now all it needs is a USB digital camera...hmmm...hey, that would be cool! plug it in, choose USB Connection, take a picture, and the photo is written to the Mem Stick. Anyway, I'll finally get full use out of my very expensive **cringes** 512MB mem stick! Sonic 3D Blast on-the-go, here I come!

G-RaZoR
July 27th, 2005, 08:56
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of maybe having a Macromedia Flash plug-inin the Video mode so you could watch your favorite saved Flashes on-the-go.

Good luck with that, Flash isn't open source, and there are NO open-source renderers. Only way it could work if Macromedia was out of there good heart to develop a plugin for Sony. They would only do that if there was a big demand for it.

Shiaoran
July 27th, 2005, 13:13
digital camera solution!!!

'ingredients':
1 PSP (or other portable, but won't be able to view the pics)
1 digital camera that uses memory stick duo
2 rubber bands OR 1 double-face roll(the foam one)

assemble:
put the digital camera in the back of the PSP
put one rubber band at each side of the camera, attention for the PSP screen and buttons (or some cuts of double-face)

how it works:
insert the MSDUO in the camera
take your pictures
remove the MSDUO
put it in the PSP
view the pictures!

*NO FUNTIONABILITY GUARANTEE!*

Fraggle
July 27th, 2005, 16:06
http://psp.ign.com/articles/637/637073p1.html

its all free baby

YourStillWithMe
July 27th, 2005, 17:07
I thought we were already getting these updates TODAY!? (the 27th) what the hell is up with Sony they always feed the Japs first. . . . . When is the update coming out for the U.S???

Fraggle
July 27th, 2005, 17:22
Hey spinning eyeballiconguy...You can use the Japanese version on an american PSP. Here's how. http://psp.ign.com/articles/637/637073p1.html

MasterChafed
July 27th, 2005, 18:58
Does the Japanese version have English as an optional language? otherwise i will have to wait for the u.s. version of the 2.0 firmware. thanx

YourStillWithMe
July 27th, 2005, 19:09
yeah ummm im with MasterChafed-I don't want to run a 2.0 Japanese PSP that's a little bit to sketchy anyone want to try this and tell everyone if it works???

parabolee
July 27th, 2005, 20:57
I guarantee that if V2.0 is not hacked in the next few months then we will have another soloution to the problem. Hackers have succesfully hacked every system ever made regardless of the protection.

If a hacked firware is what is needed, then that is what they will do. It's not that hard to get the new firmware and hack it to allow running programs (EBOOTS)from the memory card.

Viperguy212
July 27th, 2005, 23:39
idk what im going to do yet, i like my EMU's and what not but i bought psp for the whole multimedia properties, i can live w/o all those older games, hell i have like 30 roms on my psp, yet when i use my psp im mostly playing midnight club or coded arms

Viperguy212
July 28th, 2005, 00:00
its here so to speak http://psp.ign.com/articles/637/637073p1.html

bottom of da page

Shiaoran
July 28th, 2005, 01:37
remember the time that took to hack gamecube...
but it's sony anyways HAHAHAHAH XD

YourStillWithMe
July 28th, 2005, 03:12
I have 2 psps (right now because im gonna sell one of them soon when I found out whats going on with the hacking scene on 2.00) and I'm telling you all that the updates on 2.00 are nifty, but there not THAT exciting the wallpaper thing got boring after like 5 mins. It's cool but its not that special and the internet, the way its setup is horrible. DONT BOTHER! Running homebrew is the best thing right now so if you have 1.50 people, DONT UPGRADE! if you have a 1.51 or 1.52 than go ahead and do it because you'll get some cool things to chill with plus i'm sure hackers are trying to work on 2.00 right now! (that's why im not selling my 2.00 . . . . YET!) I was a moron and upgraded to a 1.52 so i got a new 1.50 used and i'm gonna get rid of my 2.00 (maybe depending on the hacking situation to payback for that stupid investment and get me back to 1 psp and nicely paid off :D

once again I STRONGLY URGE YOU DONT UPGRADE 1.50 USERS!

owls4eva
July 28th, 2005, 19:54
hi, the europe psp will allready come with firwmware 2.0 when it is released. By then some one will have found a hack, wont they :confused:

YourStillWithMe
July 28th, 2005, 20:34
All we can do right now is be patient. My guess is that it will not be easy because I tried to run an application on 2.0 and it WONT EVEN OPEN! on 1.51 and 1.52 it at least opens and says there is an "error and some number after it!" There is a program that I did find that prevents the "updates" on the UMD's. . . .It was on psparchive.de However, (don't get too excited, yet!) I am not 100% sure if this works because we havent exactly faced a crucial situation in terms of upgrading yet other than Dead To Rights:Reckoning (which was only a 1.50 update. . . .which is a good deal!) if you want this file pm me or visit that site. once again i dont know if it works but i think when were faced with the situation, it will be worth it!

Kaiser
July 28th, 2005, 21:07
All we can do right now is be patient. My guess is that it will not be easy because I tried to run an application on 2.0 and it WONT EVEN OPEN! on 1.51 and 1.52 it at least opens and says there is an "error and some number after it!" There is a program that I did find that prevents the "updates" on the UMD's. . . .It was on psparchive.de However, (don't get too excited, yet!) I am not 100% sure if this works because we havent exactly faced a crucial situation in terms of upgrading yet other than Dead To Rights:Reckoning (which was only a 1.50 update. . . .which is a good deal!) if you want this file pm me or visit that site. once again i dont know if it works but i think when were faced with the situation, it will be worth it!

hmmm the mod chip is our next solution it appears

leggy
July 28th, 2005, 22:06
Just downloaded 2.0 onto my US PSP.

It works a treat and it is so easy to surfe the net.

Can't wait to get an external keyboard!