PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Activision going back to WW2!

Elven6
December 9th, 2007, 19:45
Firstly, this article does not mention that is mentioned franchise is Call of Duty, so don't go ballisitic.

Secondly, Treyarch is the developer

And Finally, I really don't mind WW2 games, if they can put a new angle at it like Medal of Honor Airborne, they can make a really kick ass game!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/treyarch-taking-call-of-duty-back-to-wwii-331645.php

The gang at UK pub Gamer picked up on a job listing from Call of Duty 3 developer Treyarch that might point to the series returning to its World War II roots. The posting at Activision's career opportunities page is looking for a level builder to work on an "industry leading First-Person Shooter action war franchise" with serious experience. Later in the job description, Treyarch writes "if you're a fan of World War 2 shooters, then even better!"

Quite the leap, no? While we're positive that Call of Duty 5 is coming, we aren't sure whether Infinity Ward or Treyarch or another developer altogether will be holding the reigns.

From: Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/treyarch-taking-call-of-duty-back-to-wwii-331645.php)

Edit: If anyone here didn't like the third game, what was your reason? I didn't find anything wrong with it, besides it was the first COD game not to feature the Soviet Union.

Edit 2: Their's nothing wrong with them going back to WW2 anyway, mabye they don't want to be labeled another recruitment tool (I know they added fake elemtns to the story, but still), and other modern shooters like GRAW represent modern warfare a bit better when they go into the Soilder of the Future program, although their storylines are usally fake aswell.

BrooksyX
December 9th, 2007, 22:32
COD3 was garbage because of all the bugs, the gameplay was good. But it got really annoying falling through the floor and not being able to connect to a multiplayer game.

Elven6
December 9th, 2007, 22:44
The multiplayer thing was odd, they fixed it, then they broke it, then they fixed it. I never came across any bugs in Single player though.

beetroot bertie
December 9th, 2007, 23:14
Sure CoD3 has its flaws but I for one really enjoy it. The single player is bit lackluster compared to CoD2, but the multiplayer (connection issues aside) is excellent and I've enjoyed many games.

Still plugging at the veteran setting...

DarthPaul
December 10th, 2007, 13:42
Gah, World War 2 is cool in my opinion. But I prefer it like Call of Duty 4, modern.

COD4 is the first game I bought of this franchise.

Elven6
December 10th, 2007, 21:52
Well think of it like this, since the game is gonna be World War 2, their are a ton of other games out and are coming out that do their own modern warfare stuff, like America's Army, Ghost Recon, Area 51 games, etc. So we will still have our fix of all types of shooters.