PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Plus/DC plays Monsterworld 3 perfect

turnerl
July 23rd, 2005, 08:51
Firstly Thanks Blackaura, your emu ROCKS!!!

Secondly, just wondering Im using the pvr3 release does it support save states by any chance? if so how do I use it IF NOT is there any genesis/megadrive emu as good as yours or near as good that supports save states at the moment?

Luke.

quzar
July 23rd, 2005, 10:22
none for dc support save states that i know of. it does however support sram saves. (like... in game saves).

DARKGATE
July 23rd, 2005, 12:10
when get out a next version of his emu, i think wich setting a new standard of quality of emulators, prey god every day ^^.

Eric
July 23rd, 2005, 17:57
i believe i seen a post by blackaura not to long ago and he said he isnt going to do any further development on the emulator. I dont know if its true cause i cant remember but i think somebody else has decided to take the project cause its been mentioned as FOX keeps updating the core.

Eric

quzar
July 23rd, 2005, 19:46
Over the past 3 days he's posted a few times about it.

turnerl
July 23rd, 2005, 23:45
thanks quzar, sram saves supproted in pvr3 thats awsome well its time to relive monster world yeaaaa! will just have to make sure I have the blocks free on the vmu cause I assume the emu wont throw up any message saying it couldnt save because there was not enough space.

thanks again!

quzar
July 23rd, 2005, 23:59
i just read something that said they werent, maybe i was confusing what i read about some other genesis emulator with it, or something he was working on. so don't take my word for it, sorry =\

turnerl
July 24th, 2005, 00:06
thats cool quazar, well if you hear of ANY that support sram or save state maybe you could let me know that would be great thanks mate!

Christuserloeser
July 24th, 2005, 01:32
i believe i seen a post by blackaura not to long ago and he said he isnt going to do any further development on the emulator. I dont know if its true cause i cant remember but i think somebody else has decided to take the project cause its been mentioned as FOX keeps updating the core.

Eric

Hm, I don't think BlackAura quit the project. He spend three years working on it. Why should he abandon it?
He still works on the menu system:
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=62701&start=140
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=67930

Eric
July 28th, 2005, 03:11
Cause he is working on the GameCube port and thats what i seen in one of his posts i believe and thats why i wrote it down. I could be wrong but thats what i thought i seen you could ask him directly dont have to believe me.

quzar
July 28th, 2005, 06:33
i've never seen him say anything at all about a gamecube port ever.

DCDayDreamer
July 28th, 2005, 11:18
Cause he is working on the GameCube port and thats what i seen in one of his posts i believe and thats why i wrote it down. I could be wrong but thats what i thought i seen you could ask him directly dont have to believe me.

I think you might be mistaking BA's posts about porting KOS to the GameCube, Wraggster asked about it somewhere, Dan Potter and BA gave some answers about the possibilities etc.

Eric
August 3rd, 2005, 18:28
Okay i'm sorry i am very confused i thought he did a port of his genesis emulator to the Gamecube you all could be right even possibly.

BlackAura
August 4th, 2005, 07:12
Someone did a port of Genesis Plus to the Gamecube. Wasn't me though. However, I did provide a couple of bugfixes (mostly to fix the sound on the Sonic games) - which was easy to fix once you know what's wrong, and there's very little point in not sharing that knowledge.

It is still being worked on though. I really need to get it all working properly again (for some reason, I can't get the current version to work, although others can, with exactly the same source code), and add all the bits back into it. For example, I have working 6-button controller code in the core, but no DC-side support code for it yet. I also have SRAM saving working on the PC version, but only with C68k and Musashi, and not with FAME yet. I also have a load of changes I want to make to the rendering system especially, and also to the sound system. Should be good, when I get around to it.

turnerl
August 4th, 2005, 22:24
BlackAura, good to hear from you! all that sounds fantastic can't wait. Until then I will keep enjoying pvr3 (I Love It!!!!)

pauljake
August 4th, 2005, 23:10
This emu is gonna be a masterpiece. Well, anyways, PVR3 is near of that :D. Take all the time you need, anyways almost all my favourite games plays nice on that preview version (some little sound configuration and they work full speed with sound). Good luck and it's great to hear that you are continuing this project!

dcsteve
August 8th, 2005, 18:51
Any idea on generally how much space SRAM would take up on a vmu. Also, which version is more overall stable on the dreamcast, the c68k or FAME.

BlackAura
August 9th, 2005, 10:22
Depends on the game, and how compressible the data is. The code I currently have does a reasonable job at compressing the save data - it only saves the areas of SRAM that are actually used (most games use a couple of KB at most, and they tend to use only odd or even addresses, so that reduces the amount of data by a lot), and then compresses that using gzip.

The sample saves I have would be 1 or 2 blocks without an icon, 2 or 3 blocks with. So that's pretty small.

FAME and C68k are so close that there's not really anything in it. It really makes no difference which one it's using.

TyBO
August 10th, 2005, 23:22
That's amazing... sounds like I won't have to buy another VMU. :)

I can't wait for this one to be released. Keep up the good work BlackAura!

doulaille
September 23rd, 2005, 13:12
Hi everybody fan's of Dreamcast, i have some question about the genesis emu genesis plus by black aura : so why it works only with US roms? very strange... Black aura don't like japanese game? or european ?

Thanks!! :cool: