PDA

View Full Version : how do i get picto drive to work?

dark heart
December 10th, 2007, 07:29
i got the bios's, so i can't think of whats wrong, I'm trying to play virtual fighter.

bah
December 10th, 2007, 08:20
Its PicoDrive.

There is no Virtua Fighter for Mega-CD, only MegaDrive+32X.

EDIT: Actually, it seems there was a 'remake' of virtua fighter 2 with 2d gfx for the Megadrive, is that what you meant?
That game runs ok with fast renderer (minor gfx error for their shadows, runs kinda slow on accurate renderer @ 333 mhz though. First game Ive tried that isn't full speed).

dark heart
December 11th, 2007, 05:53
well it says virtual fighter 32X and the cd function was a modification on the 32X for the original genesis, and didn't work without the 32X so i assumed it would work.
i wanted to play the first virtual fighter, because i was watching this thing called the Angry Video Game Nerd, and he was playing virtual fighter with his 32X, and i noticed that the characters consisted of an oddly large amount of polygons for a genesis 32 game, so it interested me.

so no, as far as i know it wasn't a remake of virtual fighter 2 because it didn't mention 'remake' and it didn't mention '2'

heres the video i was referring to.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19558.html?type=flv

(edit) oh, and sorry i keep saying virtual fighter, when it's virtua fighter, but who can blame me, virtual fighter sounded so right.

(edit2) doh! i just realized whats happened, it was 32x cd games that require both attachments sorry.
but does anyone know of a good 32x emu for the psp?

bah
December 11th, 2007, 12:45
The mega-cd wasnt a modification of the 32x for the original megadrive. The mega-cd provided the cd storage and an additional sound processor and some crappy co-processor. The 32x added a more powerful co-processor for 3d gfx etc.
There was a megadrive 2 and mega-cd 2 but they were just physical redesigns, the 32x works in either the original or smaller one.

Mega-CD games didn't need a 32x and 32x games didn't need a mega-cd.
There were a few games that needed both, night trap had a version with higher quality video for megacd+32x.

There is currently no 32x emulator for the PSP.