PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating Problem: PSP Slim bricked?....

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 01:17
I've never had a brick before, so I really have no clue whats going on here...when I turn the PSP on, the only thing it does flash the green light, then turn itself off again without ever displaying something on screen. WTF is going on?... :(

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 01:36
Did you install CFW or upgrade it? Flash0 is corrupt or "1/2 installed" your psp does not have the nessary files to boot. YOU CAN FIX IT. It's pretty easy. Hard mod a psp battery and google Pandora GUI and you will be set. I recommend you use a painted flat head screw driver, as it does not conduct electricty, and just in case a recommend disconnect the negitive terminal, and resoldering it or somthin when you finsh. Also to open the psp battery stroke it with a small flat head screw driver so you do not peirce the lithium battery (SPARK+LITHIUM BATTERY = BOOM remove pin 5 (bottom one on right side of smallest microchip. This will disable the EEPROM and ENABLE PANDORA!!! one door closes another opens lol.

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 01:46
Did you install CFW or upgrade it? Flash0 is corrupt or "1/2 installed" your psp does not have the nessary files to boot. YOU CAN FIX IT. It's pretty easy. Hard mod a psp battery and google Pandora GUI and you will be set. I recommend you use a painted flat head screw driver, as it does not conduct electricty, and just in case a recommend disconnect the negitive terminal, and resoldering it or somthin when you finsh. Also to open the psp battery stroke it with a small flat head screw driver so you do not peirce the lithium battery (SPARK+LITHIUM BATTERY = BOOM remove pin 5 (bottom one on right side of smallest microchip. This will disable the EEPROM and ENABLE PANDORA!!! one door closes another opens lol.

Uh, ya know, that warranty that i got at best Buy with it isn't sounding so bad right now.... :o

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 01:50
It's real easy dude.

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 01:53
Rereading, your basically saying to create the Pandora battery again, right? I have a PSP phat, I can do it through software, no need for hardware mod ;)

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 01:56
Then that is a better way, I was not aware of your "situation" i thought all you had was the slim

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 01:59
Thanks though. But Unlike when i modded my slim, when inserting the pandora battery, the green light turns on, but the screen remains an unlit black, rather then a lit black, and from here I can't seem to run the battery....

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 02:03
you have a working pandora battery. Do you have the Magic Memory Stick inserted?

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 02:08
I do. made sure of that before putting in the battery....

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 02:09
A unlit screen is how the slim reacts because of the drivers. Just press X and it should start

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 02:25
Normally its lit. however, even this time when it did light, pressing X did nothing. Now its just not lighting anymore. it seems even the best of the best, the guys behind the Pandora battery couldn't even solve this one. Moral of the story?

Don't play Tales of Destiny II (PSX) on a PSP Slim. It will KILL it.

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 02:29
Also if the above doesn't work, make sure you have a slim magic memory stick, if you don't, download Pandora GUI 1.5

THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL!!!

Napalm-Death
December 12th, 2007, 02:45
Don't play Tales of Destiny II (PSX) on a PSP Slim. It will KILL it.

I shall test this when I can stop being lazy.

Shadowblind
December 12th, 2007, 02:56
I shall test this when I can stop being lazy.

lol, I don't get it. But it hurts, my favorite RPG series came back and attacked me :(

When I ran the pandora Ext. for Slim it gives me the error
Error writing nand_updater.prx

EDIT: I should have expected as much. As soon as I finished putting the contents of the SLIM MMS onto my mem stick, my Mom charges through the door demanding my PSP. Now she wants to take it and get her money back, not get a new PSP. I have a feeling that this means that the MMS from the GUI 1.5 will work, then.

This happens to be a regular basis kinda thing. if I have a good day for half the day, the other half will be nothing but misery. It has been this way for 2 weeks now. I think I'm beginning to see the pattern.

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 03:23
it should work, just make sure u r recovering to 3.71m33