PDA

View Full Version : NeocdPSP v0.5u2 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
July 24th, 2005, 10:57
<a href="http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=23212&view=findpost&p=254222" target="_blank" >Smiths</a> compiled a new version of YoYos NeoGeo CD emulator. Heres whats new:

"WHATS NEW]
v0.5u2
+ Key Config
+ Cleaned Memory between games (should now be "1 game, 1 card")
+ Occasional visual prompts when it's saving/loading
+ Offensive Content, so not to be posted on P$PUpdate$ (even though F*cktro was just as offensive, no? F***ing hypocrites)"

Download Here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to Smiths for a great release.

KEZ2DJ
July 24th, 2005, 16:07
sweet. thx

slik da relic
July 24th, 2005, 18:04
i never tried the neo, but does it have full screen support yet?

da relic

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2005, 19:47
i never tried the neo, but does it have full screen support yet?

da relic

i think it has since day 1 :)

Smiths
July 25th, 2005, 02:14
need to know if anyone is having problems with this. had 1 report of a 1.5 user having no input (odd).

Just so you know, the todo is:
+ Key Combos (A+B, C+D)
+ Loading defaults (currently only resets the MENU key)

PSP_Newbie
July 25th, 2005, 03:46
need to know if anyone is having problems with this. had 1 report of a 1.5 user having no input (odd).

+ Key Combos (A+B, C+D)
i had the same thing, u just gotta remap the keys. go into the config menu, then set all the buttons there

Smiths
July 25th, 2005, 04:24
that was the first time you loaded it up right?
from there after it should be reading the config file.

PSP_Newbie
July 25th, 2005, 04:40
yeah, thats right, after the first time u put in all the keys, it loads up the config file and everything works great, thnx
i was confused too after none of the keys worked, and dug through the config til i found the key config and found nothing set. maybe an idea for a future version to have a default set of keys mapped out? oh, and maybe its jsut the game, Metal Slug2, but it seems that the select and start buttons are switched, so i had to put select as start and start as select, or maybe its just the game that u gotta push select instead of start at the main screen? though that seems kinda weird

Smiths
July 25th, 2005, 07:45
You know, I noticed the select/start thing with super baseball 2020 actually as well.
Turns out they were swapped between the menu's listing and the input code. Whoops!

Thanks for the head's up. If all goes as planned I'll upload a version with key combo mapping and default settings tonight

Settable combos will be:
A+B
A+C
B+C
B+D
C+D

Those are the fine combos I found in mostly all the fighting games. Of course there's not enough buttons technically to do them all at once, but still... should be nice for some to at least have like A+C as the L button.

Zulu
July 25th, 2005, 14:18
Wow thanks for the prompt update of the software working like a charm.

BTW your message about pspupdates.com hahah its totally outstanding man. The site oh okay they do provide good news what they should do though is not to make it as a profit site etc. and just ask for donations if it is bandwidth hungry am sure people will help out.

What I do is don't ban me though is use firefox adblocker and stripped out all the ads which clog up all the viewing space and it is as clean as anything. Good luck with the war against pspupdates.com smith am sure it is working.

quzar
July 25th, 2005, 18:07

+ Key Combos (A+B, C+D)

You should do a region selector, so that people can play games in Jap/Eur/USA when they want. (it makes a difference with the NeoGeoCD because all games are multiregion, and almost all have different content depending on the region).

parabolee
July 25th, 2005, 18:47
It has a region selector in the menu.

quzar
July 25th, 2005, 19:05
wow, that's odd, everyone i had spoken to in other topics had been complaining about how they couldn't save because the save menu was in japanese and there was no way to change it blah blah. Sorry then.

PSP_Newbie
July 26th, 2005, 03:46
yeah, that was from the older version, the last 2 releases had a region selector so u can save/browse the sega cd menu in english, etc

quzar
July 26th, 2005, 08:47
ah i never noticed that in the changes. also what are you talking about Sega CD?

RedKing14CA
July 26th, 2005, 09:06
i think he means neo geo cd, every one confuses neo geo and "sega cd" i dont understand, i dont do the sega thang...

but im having a problem, i cant clock the psp in this emu, i press left and right, and circle, and nothing!!! the number 1 dosnt change, and video sync just says "viseosync:" and i cant change IT either...

Smiths
July 26th, 2005, 09:08
I noticed that when v0.5 was released by yoyo.

I think you need to hit "R" in the main menu first to enable the switching.
I'm going to look into why that is, but for now while in the game browser you gotta hit "R" and you'll be able to change the clock speed.

Thanks for reminding me of that; it's a 1-time issue usually. Once you've set it the configuration gets written to the INI.

Should be releasing another build tonight.... hope people don't mind daily build things, just there's so many suggestions and ideas and I am enjoying it!

PSP_Newbie
July 26th, 2005, 11:09
ah i never noticed that in the changes. also what are you talking about Sega CD?
sry, meant neocd, but didnt Sega make the NeoCD o.O?

Cap'n 1time
July 26th, 2005, 13:48
sry, meant neocd, but didnt Sega make the NeoCD o.O?

nope, i dont think sega had anything to do with the neogeo. just SNK.

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 02:16
alrght then, nvm lol, my mistake :p

shadow2442
July 27th, 2005, 19:32
Hi

I have NeoCD v0.5u3 Emu and all NEOGEOCD ROMS...

I unpacked the rom.iso of the game and put it in the NEOCD Rom dir on my mem.stick... but where to put the sound files (.mp3) ? tried several options... I got no sound :(

HELP!

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 23:17
ok, here's the layout that works for me
game/neocdpsp/Metal Slug2/Mslug2.zip/(all the unzipped game files from the ISO along with a NEOCD.MP3 folder with all the tracks)
the mslug2.zip is really a folder named that, as zipping it makes the game really slow, and the neocd.mp3 is a folder as well

Smiths
July 28th, 2005, 01:28
From the README (which usually are written for such a reason):

Games can be zipped or unzipped.
Music in mp3 format have to be in a "neocd.mp3" subfolder.

Example :

/PSP/GAME/NEOCDPSP/MetalSLug/
+ mslug.zip
+ neocd.mp3/
+ Metal Slug - Track 02.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 03.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 04.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 20.mp3

You can uncompress the zip file for faster loading time.
MP3 Tracks have to finish by the "tracker number.mp3"

=> "mslug-02.mp3" is good
=> "02-mslug.mp3" is wrong