PDA

View Full Version : popstation_md and 3.72 pops

Majorix
December 14th, 2007, 14:39
This is my first try at using popstation_md. Actually I had never created any EBOOTs from PSX isos either.

I am trying to get Final Fantasy VIII to work on my PSP Fat.

I have converted the 4 iso's to a single EBOOT using popstation_md.

I have followed a guide on another forum, and it said I had to use 3.71 pops or higher. On the menu when I launch the EBOOT however there is only 3.72 pops as an option, so I dumped 3.72 fw and copied the necessary files out of it, and renamed according to the guide (popsman372.prx, pafmini372.prx etc).

I also have most of the other firmwares dumped too. When I try to launch this multidisk EBOOT with anything other than 3.72 pops, it spits out an 80000004 error. When I try to launch it with 3.72 pops, it waits at the black screen at the start and does nothing, just like as if I had not dumped the correct files.

So I double checked if I have the correct files, and it seems like I do.

I don't know what to do next so I am posting here. Please help if you can. Thanks!

fattybluntman
December 14th, 2007, 18:55
u may need the 3.71 files too...i have most of them down to 3.01(i think of that all i have is meaudio) /shrug putting 3.71 in there and using it when it shows under pops next time

edit: well ill add my question to this thread, i cant get the popstation_md to start w/o error i got keys in there which id ont think i need, base.bpb, and the bin files im trying to convert but im getting. did i miss sumthing in setting up?

Tets
December 14th, 2007, 20:52
It's more likely that something went wrong during the conversion process or one or all of the disc images are bad.

Also, straight from the readme - "Note: multi disc games will only work in 3.71 and 3.72 pops. Previous pops will exit to the xmb with generic error 0x80000004 when attempting to run multidisc games."

Majorix
December 14th, 2007, 20:57
I am testing the disk images separately now. Disk 1 used to work, but not sure about the rest. Will let you know. Thanks.

MajorFoley
January 19th, 2008, 06:18
ok resident evil 2 works perfectly if you use the japenese game id spls 01222 and use 3.40 popsation plugin

it passes police station and everything now
but when i passed the 1st scenario of leon i unlocked calires 2nd scenario
and i dont want to make all the images again and all that
so is there a way to put resident evil 2 into one eboot and use plugin 3.40?

im using a fat psp 3.71 m33-4