PDA

View Full Version : Finally saying goodbye to the old girl...

gdf
December 14th, 2007, 21:12
After over two years of happy PSPing and 1 1/2 of those as a homebrew user, I'm finally getting rid of my Portable. Tomorrow I intend to trade it in (thanks to a successful downgrade, cheers Sonic;)) and get a PS1, GHIII and possibly something else if I get enough credit.

I have many happy memories of my PSP; I roared with joy when I played Advance Wars on it using PSPVBA, bit my nails as I downgraded, spent weeks playing DDR nonstop, played through the whole of SMW using Snes9x, waited with baited breath for the next Daedalus update...There are many more.

I'm sort of saddened to be leaving the PSP scene behind me, but I'm sure PSP 2 will have an even greater following for homebrew and I look forward to that. Thanks to all the people who gave me so much joy, including the homebrew devs, DCEmu, all those that helped me and of course the skilled firmware hackers who made it all possible. I joined this site when I searched for homebrew and after a huge amount of help managed to get some stuff running.

I just never play the PSP any more, but all in all I just think it's been a great investment. Cheers.

-Xandu-
December 14th, 2007, 21:38
Why would you trade a PSP in for a PS1 when PSP can already emulate PS1 at full speed?

gdf
December 14th, 2007, 21:46
1: It's always better playing on the original system
2: I'm building a collection of retro consoles
3: I couldn't be arsed ripping and converting the games anymore
4: PS1 costs £10

-Xandu-
December 14th, 2007, 21:49
4: PSP costs 169.99$ (80£) ;).

NoQuarter
December 14th, 2007, 22:02
The ps1 does have extremely high quality audio...

Better you than me,I still have 3.Besides I don't want to trade my old systems,I wanna collect!

JKKDARK
December 14th, 2007, 22:15
Do you have any other portable for playing music and videos? Or you don't care about it?

ICE
December 14th, 2007, 22:21
Seems illogical but its your stuff lol.

ExcruciationX
December 14th, 2007, 22:34
I'd keep it, in case something good comes out.

gdf
December 14th, 2007, 22:56
Meh, I'm sick of waiting around. I've had it for 2 years, it had a good run.

And no JKK, I'm Old Skool and use CDs.

And I really had to get GHIII, but no monies. GH>PSP

Gold Line
December 14th, 2007, 23:18
But how will you be able to play SNES on the move? :(

bah
December 15th, 2007, 06:40
PS1 a retro console?
CDs are an old-school game storage format?

The world is going crazy, I'm not that old.

Also, a PS1 costs nothing, 1 days work an you could easily buy a modded system with a cpl controllers/light gun for point blank etc with change.
Why sell the PSP?

gdf
December 15th, 2007, 08:32
PS1 a retro console?
CDs are an old-school game storage format?

The world is going crazy, I'm not that old.

Also, a PS1 costs nothing, 1 days work an you could easily buy a modded system with a cpl controllers/light gun for point blank etc with change.
Why sell the PSP?

I was joking about that, just about the fact everyone uses digital music now ;)

But it's mainly for GHIII, not the PS1, I just happen to be able to get a bit of spare credit and I've been looking for a PS1 anyway.

bah
December 15th, 2007, 09:10
Ahh ok.

Buy a cheap guitar and visit some learn to play websites, will provide a lot more hours of enjoyment than a DDR pad positioned along the neck of a guitar shaped piece of plastic IMO.

SSaxdude
December 15th, 2007, 16:34
I bought a Playstation at a garage sale for $2. I don't really think it's old school at all. 16-bit and below is old school.

DPyro
December 15th, 2007, 16:42
Not old school, classic! :p
http://apollo.dl.playstation.net/cdn/PN.PC.CA/PN.PC.GAME.CA/N2b1FOEfpOFHfFDMYC1HmcVMqcxW7RrB.png

acn010
December 15th, 2007, 16:42
you know whats old??? my famicon... now thats old... do i still have it? yes
am i using my psp not only for games? yes.... so whats the problem then???? your psp is a portable multimedia system, so dont leave the scene just cause you stop using it

Shadowblind
December 15th, 2007, 17:15
Meh, I'm sick of waiting around. I've had it for 2 years, it had a good run.

And no JKK, I'm Old Skool and use CDs.

And I really had to get GHIII, but no monies. GH>PSP

Not wanting God of War CoO? To me that game alone should keep you with your system.

Lodis
December 16th, 2007, 01:39
I bet you will end up buying a Psp again. There is no way I would get rid of mine, it can do so much.

dark heart
December 16th, 2007, 07:07
heh heh heh "the old girl" this guys funny

AvengedSevenfold Fan
December 16th, 2007, 16:20
i think you should still keep it. im like you, ive been around for about the same amount of time and barely use my psp anymore, though i still pick it up every now and then. the psp has had a great amount of emulators and firmware hacking, but there aren't enough homebrew games

AnthonyR48
December 16th, 2007, 19:15
Why sell it, a good game or great new piece of homebrew might come out soon.

JKKDARK
December 16th, 2007, 19:23
yeah, Phantasy Star Universe is coming to PSP!

JPJunkie
December 16th, 2007, 20:16
Don't sell it :(

Robowns
December 22nd, 2007, 11:50
why dont you just buy a ps1 aswell then? are you really that poor lol?