PDA

View Full Version : PSP battery dead at 100% charge level

486dx
December 16th, 2007, 03:52
OMG my psp is history now, I have a very bad problem using my psp after Pandora as used for it

... my friend from work who just bought a standard slim psp used my psp which was a phat one with 3.40OE CFW to create a pandoras battery and to downgrade his and I trusted him to do it ... and all worked out okay for him, and his is okay, my Part of the deal was he also upgraded my psp up to 3.71m33-3 .. for me which worked good because of all of the extra ,m33-1 m33-2 and m33-3 updates that confused me on the process...

And now later on I face the music, He screwed me and I got a big problem, I cannot use my psp anymore because its battery is dead. I enjoyed it and didnt notice that my battery always showed 100% all of the time for the charge on the screen. Well it ran out and the psp just turned off... So I plug in the ac charger... no amber light it just flashes on and off in like one second and it wont charge. Now my battery is F'ed up , and he told me something about the battery has an eeprom and he was not smart enough to help me restore and didnt understand it all but im sure the battery is okay for his pandora, because now hes enjoying homebrew and his psp slim to the fullest.

So does anyone know what I can do now to it to use it again or am I out of luck

and I also thankfully had a spare battery, it was a cheap chinese higher capacity battery I got for 13$ last year off ebay. it was 3.6v 2600mAH .. so i put it back in and it would charge with the ac adaptor for about 10mins and stop and if I reconnected the ac plug it would start charging again and again for 10minute intervals.

but no matter what, when I turn on my psp, and the ac is not connected to the charger, the psp itself works for about 5minutes and then shuts off on its own .. and then the power switch on the psp does nothing. The only way i can turn back on my psp is to pull out the battery and reconnect it. and i get 100% level again and it drains to i think 92% and by then the psp shuts off.

Also note when the psp shuts off after the time, and i cant get it to work again, I can connect the charger and power it on and then pull out the charger and the psp stays on and workes for another 5 minutes.

Also if the charger is not connected and my psp is off, after a few hours it loses the time and date and when take out and reput in the battery to get it to power on I need to set up the time and date again ... WOW what is wrong here????

man I need serious help... and im mostly a newbie at upgrading firmware or even anything pandoras battery related. I just enjoyed my psp for two years with firmware 2.0 for soooo long with the E-Boot loader for homebrew fun and then finally myself put it up to 3.40 oe firmware 5 months ago.

So MANY thanks if both of these batterys will work as Im now going to need to buy another psp battery to enjoy this toy every again ... and Yes I forgot to mention right now im running forever on with the ac adaptor and no battery at all so its not my psp malfunctioning when it shuts off on its own.

Thanks again for any help!!!
Derek k

Wally
December 16th, 2007, 04:39
Wow this is weird..

First port of call..
1. Go to recovery menu
2. click advanced
3. Click Reformat flash1 and restore default settings

That's the first port of call

Otherwise you may have to install the 3.71 pandora Installer by hellcat and try and restore the battery again (start PSP from AC adapter and shove battery in when the program is running then click restore battery.

If not and if you are from australia. post it here and i'll fix it if you pay postage both ways.

Wally

ExcruciationX
December 16th, 2007, 06:37
I've had problems with the newer firmwares a lot.

I'd say try clearing the flash1, and see if that helps (Wally's post above). If that doesn't work, try re-installing 3.52 M33, using the link in my signature.

Shadowblind
December 16th, 2007, 14:11
This is exactly what happend to me. I'll try to report back if I can get something to work on it :(

486dx
December 16th, 2007, 15:52
Alright thanks wally, ... for me shipping will be alot to Ontario, canada so I might mess around with it some more now.

First thing like you said im going to try to restore the battery with the pandoras installer on my psp first to see but dont you need a backup of some eeprom or something in order to do this? and I dont have access to the guy who did it who might have saved my batterys data before converting it into a pandoras service mode like ive learned.

Also now I downloaded the 3.52m33 off your sig and Ill put that on instead ... as like you said theres trouble with higher firmwares and I dont even need it as I was soo happy with 3.40oe anyways. So just put the eboot file for 3.53m33 into my game 1.50 folder on the psp and then go to the recovery menu and reformat flash1 and then reboot the psp and run the eboot from the game > memory stick screen is the correct process?

thanks for everything guys,
derek

486dx
December 16th, 2007, 17:23
Well I just tryed reformatting flash1 and it had the screen to press 0 to restart... and after the psp restarted the battery is now showing chage level 0% charge complete and power source external.

So now onto trying out the pan3xxr2.rar file with the pandoras installer inside it. I copied the pan3xx folder into my game 3.71folder on the psps memory stick. I took out the battery and ran with the ac power. now i put in the battery at this point after launching the program on the game>memory stick menu.

Then I pressed the square button to choose "norminalize battery" and it showed the message and I did it twice to make sure. then I pressed triangle to exit and the psp rebooted in 5 seconds. .. so now after rebooting I am getting like I said 0% charge level , power source external, charge complete and it cannot now at all turn on all using the 2 batterys I have... wierd..

I might need to send my psp AND the batterys away to someone who knows what to try next... also Should I buy a new battery for my psp (real sony one) from walmart to try out and return it if it dosnt help either?

hmmm ..

also should I continue on and load on the version of 3.53m33 that was in wallys sig ? overtop of my 3.71m33 -3 thats currently on?

NoQuarter
December 16th, 2007, 18:47
try shorting the battery for a split second

JPJunkie
December 16th, 2007, 20:20
My mate gets this problem too :confused:

486dx
December 18th, 2007, 01:26
thanks everyone ... but now I just bricked my psp ..
trying to downgrade my CFW down from 3.71 m33 when
I put the 3.52 m33 update in my game 1.50 folder, and ran it

(downloaded from wally signature) now it showed loaded 100% and flash written and said hit x to restart. I pressed x to do this and no go... waited a minute and then I took out the battery and a/c ... and then bricked... green light and no start up screen ..

Now I need the friend of mine chris to pandora me back to 1.5 > and then Ill try going to 3.52m33-3 .

I think the reason it bricked was I didnt reformat my memory stick when I started writing 3.52 and I should have went back 1.5 first, and then 3.52 ... Anyone else every get stuck with a brick like this using the eboot from wallys sig?

" 3.52 M33 Pack, by ExcruciationX> M33UPDATE_352 " was the folders in which the eboot came from.

Thanks guys for your suggestions but now im stuck for now... will need to probably buy a new battery when my psp is back resurrected im thinking.