PDA

View Full Version : corrupted files

slik da relic
July 25th, 2005, 02:28
ok... i got an extra 32 meg card for testing and i got corrupted files on it with my emus. when i go to any one of them and press the triangle button, i get an option to delete the file... wtf!!! did anyone know this? does this effect the emus? i deleted the file and everything seems to be working fine right now... does anyone know the answer, or did i discover something???

da relic

Cap'n 1time
July 25th, 2005, 02:30
ok... i got an extra 32 meg card for testing and i got corrupted files on it with my emus. when i go to any one of them and press the triangle button, i get an option to delete the file... wtf!!! did anyone know this? does this effect the emus? i deleted the file and everything seems to be working fine right now... does anyone know the answer, or did i discover something???

da relic

of course we know it.. the corrupt file is.. well lets just say you need it.

PSP_Newbie
July 25th, 2005, 02:42
the corrupt file is the entire app, emu, whatever, while the file the shows up is just an icon, picture, music, etc file that then launches the "corrupt" file

slik da relic
July 25th, 2005, 03:46
damn... in all the confusion, i dont know which emu the corrupted file belonged to... oh well... its the test card anyway, im too lazy to check rite now .. hehe

da relic

Jdemon
July 25th, 2005, 04:00
hehe...yep one of thoes EMU's won't be working when you try it.

btw I forget exactly where I copied this from...but if you are like me and don't like using "tools" to fix things you may want to give this a shot.

Hide Corrupt Icons

1. Re-Name the none % files as follows:
-Place 30 spaces after the file name
-After the 30 spaces place a 1.
EX: Nes(30 spaces)1

2. Re-name the % file as follows:
-Place 1~1% after the file name
EX: Nes1~1%

So far this has worked for any EMU's I've been running :D

Bloodsack
July 25th, 2005, 09:13

btw I forget exactly where I copied this from...but if you are like me and don't like using "tools" to fix things you may want to give this a shot.

Hide Corrupt Icons

It doesn't work with every emu.

Kaiser
July 25th, 2005, 09:20
I just thought of a good idea. Why don't emulators come with installers that hide the corrupted Icons and do all messy parts itself. It might make it easy and we don't have to put up with anymore "Y MA emus no work".

PSP_Newbie
July 25th, 2005, 11:51
well, some of the emulators already come in the hide-corrupted-icons state, while for others, renaming them and thus removing the corrupted icons would make them inoperable as they load files from a name-specific source, though most ones nowadays r renamable and can easily be hidden w/ SeiPSP Tools, etc or r alrdy renamed

slik da relic
July 25th, 2005, 12:39

Hide Corrupt Icons

yes... i know about this method... it worked on every file i had. thx

da relic