PDA

View Full Version : chankast probs...

FireDemon666
February 21st, 2005, 07:02
Hello to all.

I have recently gotten chankast all set up and working but with one small problem.

chankast loads up without any problem everything checks out ok FPS are good video mode and full screen sets okay and so on. but when i put a disc in my cd rom drive even if it is a dreamcast game all chankast does is recognize the number of audio tracks on it and the time length. and if i try to play an audio file it just sits there with the counter stuck at zero and the disc animation spinning. it does this when i put a cd-rom in the drive or mount something with deamon tools. i am using the cd xxx mode and tried switching to aspi mode but chankast will crash when i click start if i use that. what the fook is going on here? HELP!

quzar
February 21st, 2005, 07:35
chankast cannot play commercial games from disc.

FireDemon666
February 21st, 2005, 08:59
so how would i go about playing commercial games?

what program would i need to rip a dreamcast disc to my hdd

quzar
February 21st, 2005, 09:26
that can't be discussed here.

FireDemon666
February 21st, 2005, 09:55
i dont see why it would be illegal as long as own the original copy of the game...

quzar
February 21st, 2005, 10:24
even if you were able to copy your game to your computer, which would require a coder's cable or BBA, you wouldnt be able to use that in chankast because there is no such thing as a GD-ROM virtual drive.

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2005, 10:52
Quzar is right, its really annoying but chankast can not run original dc discs, and we have a policy in this forum of no taking about making back ups because it could be used to promote warez.

Topic Locked