PDA

View Full Version : N00bish question

nightsider
December 18th, 2007, 15:51
Hi all i know this relates to the play station 1 console but coulde'nt find a place to post this so here goes.

i have a Play station 2 console and i have the Play station 1 game Parasite Eve 2

i bought a Action Replay for the PS1 on the package it states for use with a PS1 or a PS2 in PS1 mode

so i put the cheat disk in the console and boot it up i find Parasite Eve 2 codes select the codes i want and press the start button.

when prompted i press Start Game with selected codes on the i follow the simple ons creeen instructions.

the game boots and when i tire to load my save game i get Save Data corupt.

so i tried starting a new game it loads the text as normal than crashes.

thinking it was the codes i tried the code listing for Parasite Eve 2 (I) the same thing happens

what am i doing wrong?

JKKDARK
December 18th, 2007, 16:12
do you have the same problem with other cheats for other PSX games?

ExcruciationX
December 18th, 2007, 16:31
They had an Action Replay for PS1?

VampDude
December 20th, 2007, 01:25

I never knew there was an (actual) Action Replay either?

I have an Xploder cheat CD for PS1 and also a Xplorer cartridge for the first type of PS1 that slots into the back, the Action Replay cartridges for the PS1 I believe were not made by Datel (I had one from an ad in a PSmagazine sold as an Action Replay though it wasn't).

HeLL_RaiSeR101
December 20th, 2007, 05:34

lol yea they had action replay for n64 too

JKKDARK
December 20th, 2007, 15:31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Replay#8-bit_era

Even since the 8-bit era! :p

nightsider
December 21st, 2007, 13:29
i hvent had chance to test with other psx games if it isent the game than its the AR any sujestions on a cheat device with Parasite Eve 2 codes that work?

Zin0099
December 21st, 2007, 21:33
i still use my action replay as a swapmagic device to play jap games on usa ps2

nightsider
December 22nd, 2007, 13:37
ok can we please keep on topic ive tested with another PSX game and the codes work what does that mean and how can i Get the Parasite Eve 2 Codes Working

Anfielder
July 25th, 2008, 00:46
thanks for this info guys!