PDA

View Full Version : Hue Beta

alucardus
July 25th, 2005, 04:01
Hey guys. First off, sorry if there is a similar post already, but I couldn't find any solutions (maybe it doesn't exist yet?). Anyways, I was wondering if its possible to play PCEngine roms with the sound file aside from the actual rom. For example, one rom that I really wanted to play is Aldynes. Unlike other roms, this rom have the second file called "Aldynes Sounds.pce". I can't seem to play this rom on the Hue or PCEngine emu for some reason, along with other roms that have that secondary sound file, like Super Star Soldier. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks once again.

PSP_Newbie
July 25th, 2005, 08:28
well, i dont really know how to fix this, or if its possible, but usually if a secondary file accompanies the main rom file, such as Aldynes.pce would usually have them named the same thing so it reads both of them, like Aldynes.pce instead of Aldynes sounds.pce, dunno if that will work, but its worth a try? or maybe try to find a rom from a different source w/out a secondary sound file. or look through the readme if all the roms are like this, how the different files are supposed to be layed out, hope that helps

geise69
July 25th, 2005, 13:10
Well Aldynes is a Super Graphx rom. Super Graphx is a updated system of the Turbo Graphx/PC-Engine. I don't think there is support for Super Graphx yet. You can play Turbo Graphx/PC-Engine sound files with the MagicEngine Player for windows pc. You can get the file here http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psg.html
PC-Engine sound files can be found here http://www.zophar.net/hes/

This might be ther only way for now untill the author supports Super Graphx roms.

alucardus
July 25th, 2005, 13:57
Thanks a lot guys...even though it doesn't have the support yet, the info helps me in not trying for hours on end to get the darn thing to work...also fyi...the sound file does play in pcepsp....but not the actual rom...hopefully the dev will work on supporting those types of roms in the future..thanks once again guys....