PDA

View Full Version : Changing Backgrounds....

o2byzst
July 25th, 2005, 13:03
In the PSP Menu itself, is it possible to change the background image? I'm tired of the monthly color change and I thought I saw a thread once about this...anybody know if this can be done?

I was thinking of some way to maybe put a wallpaper as the background, a .bmp or .gif file maybe.

Help appreciated.

o2byzst
July 25th, 2005, 13:27
I did a little more searching of my own and found several topics relating to this subject. I ran across three main issues, 1) I don't have this "PSPpersonalize" program, where can I find it? 2) It's been mentioned that this can pretty much destroy your PSP, true or false? And finally 3) Are there any step by step tutorials or a quick "How To" guide about creating/installing these new backgrounds?

I know these questions have probably been asked about a thousand times, but I'm still trying to learn all of this stuff, so help and patience is appreciated.

Žeddragon
July 25th, 2005, 19:32
SEARCH! If you can "search" then "search" somemore.

I put "search" because you are really bad at it.

Jdemon
July 25th, 2005, 21:03
Info:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6955

Progie:
http://www.dual-scene.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=2

o2byzst
July 26th, 2005, 10:05
Cool it works great! I do have one concern though, since this is all stored in the system flash memory, can this do any damage to my PSP or my Mem Sticks?

Or better yet, has anyone experienced any issues, small or large with this PSPperonalize...changing your backgrounds?

Žeddragon
July 26th, 2005, 18:38
I like the search button. *hugs the search button*. I did this for all the months and did not have any probs.

Jdemon
July 26th, 2005, 19:50
The search button is pretty loveable isn't it :D

I personally have not had any problems as of yet. You are re-flashing what's in the PSP system memory so you are technically voiding your waranty when you use this program. There is no way this can damage your MS card.

The only "issues" are discussed somewhere on the thread I linked to, (I think) and they involve the filesize of the bmp's and getting a white screen when you change the month...but it's just a glitch and not anything to really worry about.