PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen Calibration

Dr. Valentine
December 21st, 2007, 15:04
Hey everyone - I just got off the phone with Nintendo support... they can't help me but I hope that someone can.

My touchscreen is inaccurate. When you run the calibration, it won't let you continue until it thinks you have touched the boxes... that is no good because it thinks I am pressing 10-15px to the right of where I actually AM pressing.

I think that if I could manually access the configuration, or if someone has made a homebrew with a calibrator, i might be able to enter a range beyond what the built-in one allows, and compensate.

Does anyone know of a way to edit the configs directly, or of any third-party configuration software?

Thanks for reading.

Shrygue
December 21st, 2007, 21:32
Same here, the touch screen for my Nintendo DS original is out of sync in the middle and on the right hand side.

Dr. Valentine
December 23rd, 2007, 16:03
That is exactly the issue with mine, except that mine is a DSlite.

The center is a bit off and the right is way off.

I really want to be able to use Colors!, but drawing with a wack tablet is very hard.

The_Swarm
January 9th, 2008, 21:44
I have the same issue... Its really frustrating

I hope someone makes a calibration homebrew ^^

bah
January 10th, 2008, 06:26
You've tried this:
If the touch screen is not responding properly, hold the Nintendo DS at an angle so that you can see where the edges of the Touch Screen meet the housing of the system. Look around the entire edge of the Touch Screen for any foreign material (such as crumbs, etc.) that may be wedged in between the Touch Screen and the housing of the DS. Foreign material in this area can cause the Touch Screen to work incorrectly. If there are any visible particles, please follow these steps (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/trouble_clean.jsp) for cleaning the screen.

- Source. (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/recalibrate.jsp)

Unlikely but worth a shot if you haven't tried it already.

Dr. Valentine
January 11th, 2008, 10:37
Indeed. I have tried that, but thanks for the input.

wiggy fuzz
January 14th, 2008, 17:42
maybe the touch film has moved?