PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox Live Arcade--What?

Shadowblind
December 21st, 2007, 21:11
We all know that the LIVE arcade always has cheap little games and such. Good prices, $5, $10 at max.

But recently practically every arcade title being released, sucks. It just fails. Even the 5 dollars seems a little wasted with these. Like Robotron and Pac-Man championship; Asteroids and Screwjumper...they just fail.

Is there something going on behind the scenes, like Microsoft is kinda just asking the people "Hey make us some fecies that we can slap on a Network and sell!"

I know this hasn't always been the case. Some real amazing gold has been release on the Arcade, such as Doom, Alien Hominid and Undertow. (lets not forget castlevania now ;) ) In fact, the arcade used to be where I spent all my time on the 360 when in the summer where games were scarce. But I'm just wondering, what is going on? Just pools of fecal matter little the arcade when good old games are just ASKING to be remade for it. I wouldn't mind seeing System shock 1 or 2 on the arcade; or them releasing Sonic 3 to complement the first 2.

Well, I guess I'll just bide my time until Ikaruga comes out on the arcade...still...

gdf
December 22nd, 2007, 00:19
Pacman CE rules!

But I think you're wrong. There are loads of awesome Live Arcade games. Marble Blast Ultra is awesome, get it. There are tons of awesome games!

BrooksyX
December 22nd, 2007, 07:56
Most of the games on live arcade are trash, but there are a few good ones: Doom, Uno, Geometry Wars, Castlevania, Carcassonne, and Hexic HD. There are a few other games that would be good if they cost half as much as they do.

I can't wait for Ikaruga though, it will be the best game on live arcade for sure.