PDA

View Full Version : Best way of getting vga out on a ps2

Tetris999
December 22nd, 2007, 21:21
so i have a ps2 and my computer and its monitor

the monitor is an awesome 19 inch screen lcd (pretty awsome compared to the tv's i have....)

anyway, since i have such an awesome screen i would want to use it with my ps2 and any other game consoles i have, and thats where the problem comes in

my monitor has 3 ports, one for analog display, one for digital display and one for sound input

NO RGB or ANYTHING i can use to connect my ps2 to the damn computer

so im asking ANYBODY here who knows someway i can get my god damn console playing on this screen of mine i have here

thanks a lot for ppl who read and especially the ones who post! ;)

Shrygue
December 22nd, 2007, 21:38
I'm currently using a VGA box although I'd prefer a direct connection between console and computer monitor but I'm not sore if there's a some sort cable for that...

BrooksyX
December 22nd, 2007, 21:41
Your going to have to buy something like this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-86-49-en-70-2707.html
because the PS2 can't ouput to vga like the 360 and PS3 (pretty sure).

I play my 360 on my 19 Viewsonic widescreen monitor and I absolutly love it. I only have one HD TV in mouse and it only does 480p, plus its my dads bigscreen and he doesn't like my brothers and me too play our games on it. The still look pretty good in 720p on my 19 inch.

Shrygue
December 22nd, 2007, 21:49
If you can find a VGA box that can out via component (Y, Pr, PB) connection, you'll get better quailty output than the usual composite one. I know this as I have one with that option.

Tetris999
December 22nd, 2007, 21:58
[MESSAGE TO MODERATORS...]
hey, who moved the thread?

sorry for not being exact but i meant for this to be a method for using ALL systems on a monitor not just my ps2, so the mod that moved this please move this thread to the appropriate place

thanks a lot

P.S. actually i had defined that this wasn't for the ps2 only.... quote "i would want to use it with my ps2 and any other game consoles i have"

no im not bitching at all, i just want this to be in a general forum that applies to all consoles (because as of right now its in the ps2 ps3 and psp disucssion forums)

sorry for the inconvenience to you guys

[Regular Posting]

so vga boxes are the best way to go?

anyway, i would like to have one product that handles everything well (like ps2, ps2, xbox 360 etc etc) thats if you guys have one of those :(

Shrygue
December 22nd, 2007, 22:12
As far as I can see, then yes. I mean, I have one to ouput the graphics and sound from my Playstation 2, Playstation 3 and my Nintendo Wii consoles.

Tetris999
December 22nd, 2007, 22:28
As far as I can see, then yes. I mean, I have one to ouput the graphics and sound from my Playstation 2, Playstation 3 and my Nintendo Wii consoles.

which one would that be then??

Shrygue
December 22nd, 2007, 22:33
What, the VGA box I have? That would happen to be this one here (http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=shuttle-sxga-box-vgadvicomponentrgb&osCsid=c96e0b584672bab9c25e84187cc3a005).