PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the WiFi range?

Dragonic
December 23rd, 2007, 13:49
How can I modify my DS original so I can get better WiFi signals? I've seen videos about it but no video there they show how to do. What will I need and how am I supposed to do it? Please help! I want to increase the WiFi signals! I know that I'll need some kind of antenna, but do I need to but a special one or can I make one myself? Please help!

Btw. I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here.

Dragonic
January 4th, 2008, 13:16
So many views but no answers... Well, I know where to put the antenna, because I know where the WiFi card is. But I don't know how to open the back side of my DS. I mean the plastic silver thing on the back, not the black one. As I've told you, I've a DS Original, not a Lite. Please help me! I want to know how I open it up! I did'nt find any screws when I opened the black backpart. Please Help!

Xiofire
January 4th, 2008, 13:22
Hmm, may seem a little sketchy, but if you dont mind some real "ghetto" mods, try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQzE8qBjdA

Not actually moddage, but it boosts the range

-Xiofire

Dragonic
January 4th, 2008, 13:28
I've tried it, but of some reason it doesn't work... So I think that I've to open it up.

Xiofire
January 4th, 2008, 13:33
Are you looking to add an external antenna, or just up the existing one? And is it the DS's wifi that needs boosting, or your routers?

-Xiofire

Dragonic
January 4th, 2008, 13:55
It's my DS wifi that have to be better. I want to make the signals stronger. The original strength of the DS wifi is quite bad, so I want to make it better. I've seen that some puts an antenna on the WiFi card inside of the DS, but I don't know how to do it. First of all I want to know how to open up the backside of my DS. Btw. I know how to put the antenna on the WiFi card, but as I said, I don't know how to open up the DS.