PDA

View Full Version : Another noob needing help

SeanB
January 31st, 2005, 00:55
My DC recognizes all burned CDs as audio CDs with only a second track
I've burned a nesterDc cd with alcohol 120% and a nesterDC cd with nero 6
i've since learned that nero 6 doesn't work but my cdi done with alcohol should work, i downloaded it, i've tried tutorials but now i need help
my comp has errors running discjuggler so i can't use it
any help would be appreciated greatly
thanks in advance

Darksaviour69
January 31st, 2005, 12:55
Instead ok creating DAO (disc at once) images, create TAO (track at once). then it will work with nero 6

curt_grymala
January 31st, 2005, 14:14
How much space do you have on your harddrive? In order to successfully create a CDI, you will need twice as much space as the image takes up. In other words, if you're creating a 500 meg image, you will need more than 1000 megs available on your drive. Here is how images are made when using these programs:

1) An ISO is created
2) If you are creating a CDI or NRG image, the ISO is converted to CDI format
3) If you are creating an NRG image, that CDI image is then converted to NRG format.

So, if you are creating a CDI, you will need enough open space on your drive to create the ISO and the CDI. If you are creating an NRG image, you may, in fact, need enough space on your drive to create an ISO, a CDI and an NRG image (I'm not sure if SBInducer and Selfboot kill the ISO before or after conversion from CDI to NRG).

If you do not have enough space, it will still create an image, it just won't create a functional image.

This may be your problem.

Also - at what speed are you burning the discs? Sometimes these errors occur when the disc is burned at a speed higher than 8x (although the main error that occurs when burning too fast is that your DC will simply continuously reset itself, instead of booting the CD player).

SeanB
February 1st, 2005, 04:30
first, thanks
second i'll try tao
third i got disc juggler to work and burned an image but it turned out the same
fourth windows explorer claims i have close to 20 gigs *so i don't think that's a problem, seeing as the image is like 30 megs
dj burns at 1x and i burned 4x for all others
also a strange thing on a side note-> selfboot and dssbs final do their thing and say 'happy burning' or whatever, but the image is nowhere to be found, jimNES boot nero and dj work and also sbi, but the cdi and nrg i burned were dled from www.dcemulation.com
odd
oh, this could be a problem(maybe) according to the padus site, my burner (LG) doesn't support buffer underrun, but according to a Mr. Dj-Saru, all LGs work, but that's an old site

SeanB
February 5th, 2005, 19:01
I burned a TAO made with SBIv4 at 4x with nero 6606
I boot up my DC to it's menu and go to play, the screen melts away and the DC resets.
Would burning slower work? I think the disc was at least recognized

Eric
February 5th, 2005, 19:04
it could be that or some of the bins arent scrambling sometimes that happens with some bin images but i could be wrong

SeanB
February 6th, 2005, 01:12
i screwed up with SBI, i got it to work
thanks for the help!

curt_grymala
February 6th, 2005, 16:08
Glad to hear you got it working.