PDA

View Full Version : uo_snes9x test 0 version - Snes Emulator for PSP

wraggster
December 26th, 2007, 20:16
Its been a long while and i love it when we get some decent homebrew and emulators to try out, heres a new test release for Snes Emulation lovers on the PSP, heres the full details from knuckles84:

Ok, because there is no complete Ruka source to make a 3xx port, so ChillyWilly had only make a very good port of the original 0.4.2Me version
but he won't give this emu to much time because he is making a port of the verion 1.51 snes9x, what would be very great.

So i have decide do make experiment to add some code from Ruka to the source of ChillyWilly.

Her is my first experiment version, i was able to add the diff2 and diff3 from Ruka, what must improve the emu a little. I name it uo_snes9x test0

Personal Test's i have done, tell me that my version improve same games a little. So i hope that you test it to and give me you reports.

I will try to add more, but it is hard because there are a lot of diffs not available, the most the first diff's (and perhaps the important)

The credits must go to:
-the original snes9x developer
-tyl who made the basis version
-Ruka who made the improvements after tyl
-and specialy to ChillyWilly who made the source for the ME port to the 3xx kernel

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments - Tell us our your favourite games work.

jvabbdac
December 26th, 2007, 22:55
Great !!! Finally !!! Why anybody talk about new pikey ? Already have link for new version on pspupdates !

sm1988
December 26th, 2007, 23:37
I love the intro options but the emulator itself is way slower than rukka's version great effort though!

musti
December 26th, 2007, 23:46
Hi,
Great Job..Thanks...:thumbup:

Musti

jurkevicz
December 27th, 2007, 03:07
I'll give a test run, since I love SNES! I hope one day we get a perfect emu for it

kharaboudjan
December 27th, 2007, 13:07
yeah, its great that ppl are working on the snes for the psp. there are many games that would need much more speed =)

thanx for your work!

g00gy
December 27th, 2007, 15:43
Yeh i would just love it, if some games were to play at 60fps with no frameskip. Because frameskip just doesnt go nicely on the snes.I know its possible, because 60fps no frameskip was achieved with the segacd emu and the genesis both for psp.

saulin
December 28th, 2007, 03:58
Wow nice to see that Snes emulation is still alive. So is this emu a little slower than the previous port? Or does it run some games faster?

I'll test it when I get home.

Lapiz
December 28th, 2007, 19:58
I love it, but I would also love it if you would make it so you can go into standby mode while in the emulator.

callmefrawg
December 28th, 2007, 22:04
zomg!! ily hahahaha it works on my psp!!! hahahaha!! tytytytyty!!

Nellus
January 8th, 2008, 02:32
70% of my games ran very much faster or at full speed, but there is choppyness on super metriod and bugs in super mario RPG, tales of phantasia run a lot better but some magic animations are broke.:D

bratzbaby
March 7th, 2008, 14:56
is their a snes emulator like the nes that already has sound and game speed already configured like the original console?