PDA

View Full Version : Kid gets phone book instead of PS3 for Xmas

Shrygue
December 27th, 2007, 20:12
via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/27/kid-gets-phone-book-instead-of-ps3-for-xmas/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/12/phonebook-ps3-xmas.jpg

It's certainly not the first time we've seen someone open the box to a pricey gadget only to find their hopes and dreams dashed by some unscrupulous individual that's swiped the device and replaced it by something similarly weighted but decidedly cheaper, but it just wouldn't be the holidays if we didn't bring you another account of the same wrong-doings happening again. This latest one comes to us from Thousand Oaks, California where one kid opened the box to the PlayStation 3 he got for Christmas and found a phone book in its place of his desired console. What's more, the PS3 wasn't bought on eBay or out of someone's trunk as you might expect, but at the local EB Games, where the kid's parents are apparently now doing their best to get things sorted out.

wraggster
December 27th, 2007, 20:19
thats a tad rough on the kid, lets hope the wanker at EB Games gets sorted

Shrygue
December 27th, 2007, 20:30
Yeah, that really does take the mick. You pay some $500-$600 dollars for a Playstation 3 and land up with nothing but a phone book. That's a nasty trick to play on someone a customer. Let's hope the unscrupulous employee at that game store gets taken out!

JKKDARK
December 27th, 2007, 20:54
lol lol that's terrible. He had the worst christmas ever, if I were him, I would destroy this EB Games local.

Triv1um
December 27th, 2007, 21:34
I hope it was a nice phone book.

Napalm-Death
December 27th, 2007, 21:47
Poor kid...

____anders____
December 27th, 2007, 22:51
pretty funny hehe..

but not so fun for him

Harshboy
December 28th, 2007, 00:01
That's what he gets for wanting a PS3!!! lol j/k

Hope he gets a PS3 outta this, like he should have to begin with.

Sonicboy 101
December 28th, 2007, 00:04
Well, at least he got something. :D

ExcruciationX
December 28th, 2007, 00:49
Dude, that sucks.

mike03$$$
December 28th, 2007, 01:54
feel sorry for the kid......... but can u not tell if the box sounds empty with just a phone book

F9zDark
December 28th, 2007, 18:06
Silly me, and all this time I thought EB Games was gone since they were BOUGHT UP BY GAMESTOP AND ALL CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO GAMESTOP.

Sounds like another hoax to defame the PS3. Like the "Dusty" PS3 hoax.

JKKDARK
December 28th, 2007, 18:14
Silly me, and all this time I thought EB Games was gone since they were BOUGHT UP BY GAMESTOP AND ALL CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO GAMESTOP.

Sounds like another hoax to defame the PS3. Like the "Dusty" PS3 hoax.

No. Sounds like the kid was owned by EB Games.

F9zDark
December 28th, 2007, 18:56
No. Sounds like the kid was owned by EB Games.

There is no more EB Games... They are all Gamestop now. Unless this news post is a year old, there are no longer any EB Games.

Shrygue
December 28th, 2007, 19:32
Unless the store didn't bother to update its sign outside that is....

F9zDark
December 28th, 2007, 19:59
Unless the store didn't bother to update its sign outside that is....

Perhaps. Not that its Sony's fault or anything, but the last Sony related incident to make it to Fox news was a hoax; the person was an actor, who purposefully put his PS3 through what I can only imagine was a sandblaster to try and defame Sony's warranty service.

If this is true and not a "hoax" I hope Gamestop/EB Games corrected the issue.

DPyro
December 28th, 2007, 20:55
There are EBgames in Canada...they may be owned by a different company but they didn't change the name.

XxunknowxX
December 28th, 2007, 21:20
that has to suck i feel sorry for that kid glad that didnt happen to me.

motormaniac
December 30th, 2007, 00:46
i'd probably cry

And i have an EB games in mall mall that was only put int here about three months ago

bah
December 30th, 2007, 10:37
Its a modern day equivalent of a lump of coal.

Someone's been a bad boy this year, them's the breaks.

Junixx
December 30th, 2007, 18:33
EB Games was bought out by Gamestop, but each keep their own name but they share a similar logo (mainly the colors of red and white)