PDA

View Full Version : Something anyone can help me on

insurgentstain
December 27th, 2007, 21:18
Hi, I was trying to help a friend put CFW on his psp using the old pandora method, when I saw the choice of restoring the nand on my psp. Since pandora can unbrick anything no matter what I thought why not. BAD MISTAKE. I now dont have a working nand and have no way of fixing it (by myself). All I need is someones dumped working nand and to know where to put it on the memory stick. It's the only way I can keep my psp from collecting dust. PLEASE HELP.

xg917
December 27th, 2007, 22:04
... bro you cant restore your nand with someone elses, thats how you could eff up your psp. you need your own back up of the nand. but now that its perminently gone.. theres nothing you could do.. im sorry bro..

mike_jmg
December 28th, 2007, 06:45
This is a long shot but, wasn't there a way to get some sort of generic nand from an 1.50 FW then upgrade to CFW and fix it in some way

edit: let me check

nop, I think you're screwed

hodgy47
December 28th, 2007, 11:56
You can restore a nand dump of 1.50 to get the psp booting and then run despetar cementario to go straight to 3.71m33 and that should restore all you need if it does back up your nand just in case

Shrygue
December 28th, 2007, 19:10
You can not fix the idstorage if it becomes damaged. When that happens, the UMD drive stops working and online services that use DNAS (such as setting the time and date) will be refused. Also, you will be unable to use official Sony updater or custom firmware updaters that go via those.

insurgentstain
December 28th, 2007, 22:14
Well this really sucks then. I really thought one psp's nand wouldn't differ from another. Oh well I guess I'll just buy a new one from wal-mart and then return it the next day with the old psp in the box. Heh, that'll teach'em to have injust wages and anti-union federations.

Prasoc
December 28th, 2007, 23:16
i know lots of people do that, but its fraud and a criminal offence.

hodgy47
December 29th, 2007, 10:53
If you use upms installer to make memory card it has a idstorage key fixer built in to the menu where you fix your idstorage problem. what do you have to lose.

Installer Here. http://www.upms-project.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=2

Tutorial Here. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580254

You will need a working fat psp homebrew enabled to use this as it runs on the psp but you should know someone who could help you.

pyro1588
January 1st, 2008, 17:20
Well this really sucks then. I really thought one psp's nand wouldn't differ from another. Oh well I guess I'll just buy a new one from wal-mart and then return it the next day with the old psp in the box. Heh, that'll teach'em to have injust wages and anti-union federations.

Yeah, because disagreements with the way a private company conducts its business is perfect justification for fraud...
After all, you'll be helping those poor underpaid Wal-Mart employees by effectively stealing $170 from the store.

Look, if you're going to do something unfair and criminal, just man up and admit it. Don't try to justify it with some lame half-baked idealistic reason like "well they're just big unfair anti-union meanies!"