PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my PSP

Draconicwizard
December 28th, 2007, 04:01
I just got a used PSP for christmas, and I have no idea what firmware is or what I should download to my PSP, could some one give me some idea what direction to go?

dangee
December 28th, 2007, 19:47
Go all the way to the left ,to SETTINGS, on the main menu.
Go down to SYSTEM SETTINGS.
Press X, and go down to SYSTEM INFORMATION.
Press X to find your firmware version.
Your chances of getting some useful replies will improve if you post what f/w you're on.

murgero1
December 28th, 2007, 19:55
do what dangee said.... then if you have "version 3.50" <-- should look like that! or close cant remember.... then get lummines.... (not the greatest hit ver! get the normal ver!) then get the lummines downgrade hack! (GOOGLE IT!)

Draconicwizard
December 29th, 2007, 15:59
well after I got it up and running I took it online and updated it to ver 3.80

dangee
December 29th, 2007, 21:27
Homebrew isn't supported by Official F/w 3.80, other than a few
apps that run in the web browser.
You can download and play all the latest game demos (google game demos+psp).
Custom themes can change the appearance of the XMB.
MP3 download is supported (use save link target in the browser).
Video in PSP format is hard to find online, but you can find some
if you hunt around.

satan4004
December 29th, 2007, 22:33
you can always buy a datel TOOL battery for about £15, or convert your battery to a pandora if you know anyone with a custom firmware, use this to install a custom firmware of your choice and hey presto, emulation apps and iso games are yours.
hope this helps

satan4004

jeegee
December 31st, 2007, 13:53
Oh dear... Pandora battery for you... hope you get it sorted 'cos homebrew really opens up psp's potential

Draconicwizard
January 5th, 2008, 03:26
convert battery? what do you mean?
<--- noob!

Ultima Chocochu
January 5th, 2008, 07:47
convert battery? what do you mean?
<--- noob!

He means convert a regular PSP battery to a Pandora battery, which will allow you to downgrade...You can't screw with homebrew with your firmware that high, as previously stated as well, you need someone who has a PSP with CFW or 1.5FW I am not sure which, to make the battery, just don't use your current battery because I think once you make one pandora it can't be used regularly...Correct me if I am wrong.

DenofLions
January 5th, 2008, 08:05
He means convert a regular PSP battery to a Pandora battery, which will allow you to downgrade...You can't screw with homebrew with your firmware that high, as previously stated as well, you need someone who has a PSP with CFW or 1.5FW I am not sure which, to make the battery, just don't use your current battery because I think once you make one pandora it can't be used regularly...Correct me if I am wrong.

A Pandora battery can be converted back to normal, just be sure to backup the battery info in the pandora tool before converting it.

satan4004
January 5th, 2008, 22:08
go here
http://www.freewebs.com/dsmultiplay/index.htm

Draconicwizard
January 5th, 2008, 22:14
but what do you mean by battery? i have a feeling you are not talking about the rechargeable battery pack, i'm a total noob... sorry lol

satan4004
January 5th, 2008, 22:23
either convert your psp battery or buy one of these
http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/psp-toolb
or send your psp to me and ill have it done. lol

bah
January 6th, 2008, 05:50
The pandora's battery is a standard PSP battery that has been modified slightly (electronically, the serial number it reports to the PSP has to be changed or something like that).

Once a battery has been modified correctly then you can use it, in combination with a memory stick pro duo containing some special files (the 'magic memory stick'), to put any PSP into what's called 'service mode'.

Once in this mode, all the security measures are disabled and the internal flash memory where the PSP's firmware (the operating system that starts up all the hardware and gives you the menu, image viewer, video player etc) is stored can be written to.

It was designed by sony to allow them to fix bricked PSPs (the internal memory that stores the firmware is corrupt and the PSP wont turn on) when they got sent back to be repaired.

Some extremely talented individuals named Team C+D found out how to make use of this service mode to install whatever you want onto the PSP. You can install the official sony firmware 1.5 (from which homebrew can be run), or one of the newer 'custom' firmwares.

These are unofficial versions of the sony firmwares that have been 'hacked' to allow homebrew to run, among other things.

That doesn't really help you in how exactly to do what you need to do, hopefully it clears up what exactly the battery has to do with anything though.

Draconicwizard
January 21st, 2008, 05:47
thanx for clearing that up for me, i think i understand now, it seams a lot cooler now lol

burning_fire3000
January 27th, 2008, 13:19
hi guys help.................i have a psp wid an up to date version nd i have some themes but i don't know y its not workin.how??