PDA

View Full Version : Interview with teh Wii Exploit Author

wraggster
December 30th, 2007, 11:26
Brakken has posted an interview that he managed to snag (lucky bast) with the author of the Wii Exploit. First heres an excerpt:

Yeah, Linux would be a great addition to the Wii. You mentioned giving people ideas they could pursue on their own? Do you mean people in your circle or do you plan on releasing the information to the public?

> No, I meant the public as a whole. I talked about the address line hack that we'd done -- well, really, tmbinc is the one who finally pulled it off correctly -- in the hopes that others would take that and run with that. I'm not sure it's a super-hot idea for me to go around giving away all sorts of keys -- and besides, I'm hoping others will come up with easier / better ideas. I wanna learn, too!

So do you plan on releasing the information used to create the demo or wait until you have a more viable solution like you mentioned?

> Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait for a more viable solution. It's pretty hacky right now -- really, we barely pulled it off. There's so much to learn about this system (the Wii in general), since it's been one big black encrypted box until recently.

Be sure to check out the interesting interview over at tehskeen here --> http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23646&posted=1#post23646

Let us know your thoughts about the interview and the exploit.

eatnooM
December 30th, 2007, 17:41
Interesting interview indeed, I'll take any information I can get on this matter! Now all I need is a bloody Wii and a modchip... I bet there'll be an SD loader before I manage to get hold of them.

wraggster
December 30th, 2007, 17:51
yeah i really dont want to install a modchip in my Wii, i may buy a cheap Jap Wii just for homebrew if the price comes down

hypochondriac
December 30th, 2007, 21:50
Which modchip should I buy? I have a newer wii which is harder to chip right?

____anders____
January 2nd, 2008, 01:45
yeah.. me too the d2c key would be the only chip to work..