PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!

xplizit
January 25th, 2005, 08:41
Ello there. I'm new ;D

I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable people will be able to help me.
I've recently downloaded some emu + roms packs from eMule:
-(DC) Dreamcast - NesterDC 7.1+2 - Nintendo NES Emulator + 325 Roms + Game Genie Cheats + LightGun Support (selfboot - DJ image)
-Dreamcast - Genesis emu 429 roms included (cdi 11PSK tested WORK obsidian MegaDrive emulator for DC autoboot).rar
-Dreamcast - Sega Master System - Emulator - 660roms MasterSytem And GameGear.zip
-Dreamcast Mame 1084 roms.ace
-NeoGeo emu with 80 roms

The thing is they're not working! Most of them were .cdi files which i converted to .nrg with cdi2nero. I then burned them to cd and the only one which works is the Neo Geo one but the games are too slow to really be playable.
Am I doing something wrong? Most of them say they're bootable but I've tried with the Utopia boot cd anyway and that didn't help. I also tried the DChakker boot cd but that wouldn't boot either (it takes me straight to the normal dreamcast menu with play/browse/music/etc.)
Are these files I downloaded supposed to be just burned and played or is something else needed? Could it be somethiong to do with Nero or with cdi2nero?
I've ran out of ideas anyway and would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me.
Cheers dudes

:P

Darksaviour69
January 25th, 2005, 09:00
i'm sorry we can not help anyone that uses these release (i.e. emulator packed with roms) as it would be promoting illegal activety. We can help you make you own images with your own roms.

We can't help you with "obsidian MegaDrive emulator" or SegaGen as its also know as, as it is a illegal/hacked.

if you have your own roms we can help you from scratch.

btw my guess that the "NeoGeo emu with 80 roms" is the very old Neo Geo pocket emu, it runs about %80 speed.

xplizit
January 25th, 2005, 09:12
ah well fair enough.
could you please point me towards some links and/or tutorials on how to create my own disks then? i've had a search on here and google but couldn't seem to find any all-in-one guides, only disparate bits of info that don't make much sense to me.
i'd particularly be interested in megadrive, mastersystem, nes and snes emus
thanx for your time

Darksaviour69
January 25th, 2005, 09:16
personally i use selfboot (dream) inducer, you can fit many emu/apps/games on one disk and its very easy to use.

http://dcevolution.net/DCHelp/

also you should check out www.dcevo.com, it has downloads of cdi images, ready to burn. try beats of rage collection its very good

xplizit
January 25th, 2005, 09:22
ok i have selfboot inducer already. thanx for the link. having a look now....

http://pages.infinit.net/bluefire/Images/badthumbs.gif

xplizit
January 28th, 2005, 10:52
just thought i'd say i managed to sort my problem out. the problem was that i was using nero 6. i've used cdi2tao instead of cdi2nero and it seems to work :P

WHurricane16
January 28th, 2005, 11:36
Welcome to the scene ;)