PDA

View Full Version : N64 Emulation on Psp - The Games

cdrdj
July 27th, 2005, 00:37
I was wondering what type of games you guys think would work good on the PSP control setup. This is a hypothetical question ignoring the possibilty of an N64 emulator ( I mean, just pretend that n64 emulation works on psp ).

Let me start off. I think that Mario Kart 64 would be an awsome game that would work. You DONT need to use any of the C buttons. All you need are the a,b,z,r, and the directional buttons to play. You dont really need the other extra stuff.

Any other suggestions?

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 00:54
i think most of the games would work, for instance, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, or Majora's mask, u can use analog nub for the stick, the D-Pad for C-buttons, L and R are the same, X and O for A and B, start and select for start and select, and triangle and square for Z and....wasnt there a button under the middle part? maybe im imagining, i dont have my N64 anymroe :( but i think most games would work w/ that setup, if there ever will be an N64 emulator in the first place, but for all we know there might not be a playable one, and if there will be, not very soon^^

xuphorz
July 27th, 2005, 02:01
i think most of the games would work, for instance, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, or Majora's mask, u can use analog nub for the stick, the D-Pad for C-buttons, L and R are the same, X and O for A and B, start and select for start and select, and triangle and square for Z and....wasnt there a button under the middle part? maybe im imagining, i dont have my N64 anymroe :( but i think most games would work w/ that setup, if there ever will be an N64 emulator in the first place, but for all we know there might not be a playable one, and if there will be, not very soon^^

nah, you listed all the button, plus one extra
there isn't a select button on n64

cdrdj
July 27th, 2005, 03:13
yeah, i was thinking that kinda set up but wouldn't that be kinda hard? Like, dont some shooters use the c pad to strafe while the analog nub would be to aim?

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 03:14
oh ok, sry, i gave my N64 away some 5 years ago and my memory of the buttons is a little fuzzy^^

Cap'n 1time
July 27th, 2005, 03:15
I think someone should pull out the ban hammer on all this n64 discussion. geeze.

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 03:20
yeah, i was thinking that kinda set up but wouldn't that be kinda hard? Like, dont some shooters use the c pad to strafe while the analog nub would be to aim?
well, yeah, thats true, but i guess u could have a customizable key config for each game u play, the one i said of course would be good for some games, but terrible for others, it really depends

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 03:21
I think someone should pull out the ban hammer on all this n64 discussion. geeze.
is it really all that bad 1timeuser? a few people having a harmless discussion on a hypothetical configuration, and nobody flaming or angry. i think its really fine in my opinion :)

xuphorz
July 27th, 2005, 03:28
is it really all that bad 1timeuser? a few people having a harmless discussion on a hypothetical configuration, and nobody flaming or angry. i think its really fine in my opinion :)

same here
if everyone fantisizes on how sweet legend of zelda ocarina would be on psp, then no one would flame :D

Žeddragon
July 27th, 2005, 03:58
Zelda ocarina is a awesome game. But come ON! Its been ported to the GC over 2 times. I mean yea some changes here and there. But I don't wanna keep playing the thing over an over agian. So I shut up now and wait for Zelda TP.

gimpyjr
July 27th, 2005, 04:15
what about Mario 64 and wave race 64 and you can't forget goldeneye guys

it would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!

gimpyjr
July 27th, 2005, 04:20
why does quazar keep shutting down the N64 threads. All we are doing is speculating!

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 04:31
im sure mario 64 would be possible, i mean, they ported it to the DS, and that doesnt even have an analog nub(a touch screen is a poor replacement for an analog stick, i heard it gets awkward playing it w/ it as opposed to analog)

JcBoyCool
July 27th, 2005, 04:50
I just hope N64 emulation happens that way I can play smash brothers any place in the world WOOT!!!!

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 04:55
I just hope N64 emulation happens that way I can play smash brothers any place in the world WOOT!!!!
hehe, and once they get the WiFi on emulators figured out, maybe u could even play smash bros. with others in the area, or w/ Xlink or a similar tunneler, have lobbies and play online over the internet with a bunch of ppl! that would be so awsome, but even if its possible, i wouldnt expect seeing soemthing like this for a LONG time^^

JcBoyCool
July 27th, 2005, 04:58
hehe, and once they get the WiFi on emulators figured out, maybe u could even play smash bros. with others in the area, or w/ Xlink or a similar tunneler, have lobbies and play online over the internet with a bunch of ppl! that would be so awsome, but even if its possible, i wouldnt expect seeing soemthing like this for a LONG time^^
You just made me cry tears of joy :) Then made me cry tears of pain saying A LONG TIME :mad:

gimpyjr
July 27th, 2005, 09:41
I opened a new thread in the xbox 360 forum Check it out

xbox 360 concerns
is the title

JcBoyCool
July 27th, 2005, 12:01
I opened a new thread in the xbox 360 forum Check it out

xbox 360 concerns
is the title
So what? This is psp emulation and we are talking about N64 emulation.

shizzle
July 27th, 2005, 12:55
i agree with 1timeuser, it's not that bad afterall but a lot of n64 threads are coming out now. I think people should move on and try to put someting positive into what is actually going on rather than obsessing over an emulator that probably will never work.

gimpyjr
July 27th, 2005, 19:01
good point. but if they wanna talk about it just let them. You don't have to read these n64 threads you know.

It's fun to dream so let em

shizzle
July 27th, 2005, 19:38
i'm not trying to stop anybody, and you can speculate all you want but eventuall mods will get annoyed with all of these n64 posts cloggin the forums.

D-Boy
July 27th, 2005, 20:35
Man sin and punishment is the ONLY N64 game I want on my psp because it's all I'll need