PDA

View Full Version : What are the most recent Psone and GBA Emulators?

kvothe
January 4th, 2008, 20:54
Hi people, I'm running my psp on 3.40 OE-A and I've been searching for the best PSone emulator available, but all I seem to get are newcasts of Sony's version, nothing about any homebrew or where to download. If someone could let me know what the current best PSone emulator is I'd appreciate it. The only one I know of is PS1P, and I'm not sure how old that one is.

I'm also looking into GBA emulation, but I haven't even started searching, so I figured I'd ask the same question, which GBA emulator runs best? Thanks.

cal360
January 4th, 2008, 21:03
Well the only really running PS1 emulator you already have on your PSP, which is sony's official one which everyone uses. The best GBA emulator that's available is GPSP and plays almost every game fullspeed with a few exceptions.

kvothe
January 4th, 2008, 21:21
Except I don't already have sony's official version, unless I'm an idiot (very possible) and it was somehow part of my update from 1.5 to 3.40 OE-A, which I doubt. And as far as I know that one only plays what you buy from sony, what about my actual copy of Crash that I convert to a rom? How would I even download the emulator from sony... do I have to have a PS3 or something? Thanks for answering cal360.

Sorry about all the stupid questions!

cal360
January 4th, 2008, 21:26
You don't download it. It's on every version from 3.00 up even customised firmwares like yours. I'll find a page for you to look at.

kvothe
January 4th, 2008, 21:30
How do I access it?

cal360
January 4th, 2008, 21:32
O.K here's a page full of loads of guides for the PSP and there's one by Tetris999 that explains what you need to do.

Click here :D.
(http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867)