PDA

View Full Version : Fake MS + Pandora

Coolie4
January 5th, 2008, 17:54
When I got my new psp slim to replace my broken 1.5 phat. first thing i wanted to do was put homebrew on it.

because i couldnt get my hands on another homebrew psp, i ended up buying a batt+ms from ebay. i knew both would be fake, but they were garunteed to work.

i tried it and it worked perfectly. even upgraded to3.71 m33-4. the problem is that i was trying to regoranize the files on my 3 memory cards (32mb from phat, 1gig from daxter pack, 1gb fake-ebay)

i ended up formatting my fake one instead of deleting all the movies and homebrew i didnt want manually (big mistake). i figured i would just reinstall the magic ms files later.

well i tried many programs and none of them could get the pandora menu to boot when i inserted the pandora battery. i know for a fact that it CAN work, because i used the fake ms to install cfw in the first place, but now i cant get the files working again. i tried totalnewbieeasy installer and the pan3xx to install msipl.bin, but it still doesnt work.

i want the files back just in case something happens to my psp i can always unbrick it. id much rather not use my official 1gb pro for pandora to save space. if the fake works slower, id rather save the least needed files on there.

so can any1 help me install pandora on a fake ms!!?!?!?

pyro1588
January 6th, 2008, 03:53
Well, my first thought would be to use the 32mb one, but that's not what you asked...
Have you tried backing up your good 1GB stick, installing pandora on that, and then copying the files over to the fake one?

Coolie4
January 6th, 2008, 04:58
the 32 wont work because its not a "pro duo" its just 32 memory stick duo. as for the copying, i dont think that would work either because making a ms into a pandora ms includes actually modding the card, paritioning and installing ipl. not just copying files.

all the proper files are on the fake (i think...) just it wont boot for whatevr reason \. i guess i could try the copy thing and see if it works tho

Coolie4
January 7th, 2008, 01:15
nope, didnt work =/

hodgy47
January 7th, 2008, 02:10
The reason the fake worked was cos the original mspformat and mspinstall was done through a card reader on the pc and not the memcard drive of the psp its a problem cos the fakes dont have magicgate supported which is needed to make the card while in the psp use a card reader on the pc but you will have all the msdos work to do yourself. The problem is when you need to install the ipl in the correct partition of the card the lack of magic gate support installs it in the wrong place.

Coolie4
January 7th, 2008, 03:40
so basically theres no way to install pandora onto the fake without a card reader...?

mike_jmg
January 7th, 2008, 14:06
Card readers aren't expensive, I got one for $15 bucks here in mexico (where everything is overpriced)

Coolie4
January 7th, 2008, 20:59
ok thanks, ill definitly look into it

Gizmo356
January 7th, 2008, 21:12
I don't think fake sticks work unless you use that umps ( i think thats what is called ) think

hodgy47
January 8th, 2008, 03:34
UPMS dont work on fake sticks i have tried and failed (many times over)