PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make a Decision

1magus
January 6th, 2008, 00:33
I'm trying to decide weather or not I should start a Sega Saturn collection along with my already started Sega Dreamcast collection:
Why?
I love Video Games and I have seen so many Halo Junkies dismiss old Video Games as boreing and useless or (If you want to play them just use a Emulator!)
Well that off course is the problem most emulators for console from Sega Saturn and above don't work too well even if you have a super computer running them!
My goal in life is to get something done amazing in Video Games weather its making one that people can see as an awesome game or Playing as many as I possible can (Seems stupid but if I can better understand old Video Games through the ages of NES-Present Time) and I'm barely there cause I mean there are a lot of games A LOT! Someday I will get close but I can't play games from Sega Saturn if I don't own them!
Seems confusing I know
But my question is this: Will Sega Saturn emulators ever work as good as SNES emulators like ZSNES work now? if not why? Why is it so difficult to emulate the Sega Saturn?

If they will be someday than I guess I wont collect them and save a lot of money, if they probably will never be than I better start collecting cause I heard Sega Saturn games/Systems/Ram upgrade device are going up in prices!

JKKDARK
January 6th, 2008, 00:42
It's for all the systems: Playing an emulator will never be better than playing in the real system.
And yes, there are many rare Saturn games which you can't find them on other systems. You should start a Saturn collection, it's an excellent console. Fighting games were totally better on Saturn than the PS1 versions.

1magus
January 6th, 2008, 00:55
I guess I could but what about Dungeons and Dragons Collection? Found 2 on ebay for 100 Dollars :(

JKKDARK
January 6th, 2008, 01:35
I guess I could but what about Dungeons and Dragons Collection? Found 2 on ebay for 100 Dollars :(

Well it's a compilation from a popular serie, which was only released on Japan. Perfect arcade ports.
You will find many games with high price..

Dull Blade
January 6th, 2008, 02:12
saturn probably isnt the cheapest vintage system to start collecting. the games are deffinatly difficult to come by, and alot of the really good games are also really expensive. With out the aid of ebay, its even more difficult to start. Like you said, if your going to start, now is the time. its only going to get more expenisve. good luck with it though

1magus
January 6th, 2008, 03:46
I just wish Nights was ported to something I mean I would of gotten the Sequel to Nights had it came with the original :(

JKKDARK
January 6th, 2008, 16:17
I just wish Nights was ported to something I mean I would of gotten the Sequel to Nights had it came with the original :(

There will be a PS2 version in February 21st, 2008, on Japan.

1magus
January 6th, 2008, 20:24
Thats not good enough I don't speak Japanese and probably never will :(