PDA

View Full Version : PSP 2.0 firmware user having issues

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:08
Okay i just registered to ask all you guys a question, i have the firmware version 2.0 and i extracted the PSP genisis on my psp i made the PSPGenisis folder and put the EBOOT in there then made a rom folder and extracted my rom file in there. So whenever i try to open it the screen says psp then go's black then it go's back to the menu and says "the game could not be started (80020148)" okay now i heard that you could use the KXploit tool to fix it but when i go there it says it's only for firmware 1.5 users. What should i do will that harm my psp if i use the tool or should i use a differant tool or what?

Cap'n 1time
July 27th, 2005, 03:12
Okay i just registered to ask all you guys a question, i have the firmware version 2.0 and i extracted the PSP genisis on my psp i made the PSPGenisis folder and put the EBOOT in there then made a rom folder and extracted my rom file in there. So whenever i try to open it the screen says psp then go's black then it go's back to the menu and says "the game could not be started (80020148)" okay now i heard that you could use the KXploit tool to fix it but when i go there it says it's only for firmware 1.5 users. What should i do will that harm my psp if i use the tool or should i use a differant tool or what?

you should have not updated you moron. have a nice day.

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:12
well sorry i updated before i heard of this site dude.

July 27th, 2005, 03:15
The 2.00 hasnt even been released where did you even get it?

Cap'n 1time
July 27th, 2005, 03:16
well sorry i updated before i heard of this site dude.

forgive my short temperdness. Just.. didnt you think the fact that it said you needed a 1.5 firmware told you anything... I mean christ. do they just put thoes warnings on their for their own evil entertainment?

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:17
The 2.00 hasnt even been released where did you even get it?Lol sorry i was being stupid i meant i have version 1.52

July 27th, 2005, 03:18
oh

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:23
okay now can someone answer my question is there any way to do this with version 1.52?

容ddragon
July 27th, 2005, 03:25
okay now can someone answer my question is there any way to do this with version 1.52?
why? The new version 2.0 is coming out and there is no need for homebrews for version 1.52.(like there ever was lol). You should just take a seat and wait for a couple months and see if any homebrew stuff is ported.

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:29
why? The new version 2.0 is coming out and there is no need for homebrews for version 1.52.(like there ever was lol). You should just take a seat and wait for a couple months and see if any homebrew stuff is ported.Yea i know i just want to get this genisis emulator working but i have 1.52 and everyware it says you need 1.5 so i wanted to know if there was a way. But if there isn't then i will delete it off of my stick and wait as you are saying.

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 03:32
yeah, there is no way right now to get any homebrew on anything other than a 1.0/1.5, they will not work on a 1.51, 1.52, or the 2.00 coming out tommorow on the 27th

xuphorz
July 27th, 2005, 03:32
Yea i know i just want to get this genisis emulator working but i have 1.52 and everyware it says you need 1.5 so i wanted to know if there was a way. But if there isn't then i will delete it off of my stick and wait as you are saying.

short answer, no
long answer, with HEAVY modification, and $100 dollars to spare, yes

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 03:38
or, if u can still return it, if u got it at gamestop or someplace like that, maybe u can ask for a used one with 1.50 firmware? dunno, just an idea

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:56
do you think that they will find a way to put the emulators on the 2.00 firmware ?

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 03:57
or, if u can still return it, if u got it at gamestop or someplace like that, maybe u can ask for a used one with 1.50 firmware? dunno, just an ideaI got it at Gamecrazy.

容ddragon
July 27th, 2005, 03:59
gamecrazy is an awful place lol. Well here its an awful place.

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 04:01
It was the only place at the time i live in a hick town and they just opened an EB, so im going to start buying there.

容ddragon
do you think that they will find a way to put the emulators on the 2.00 firmware ?
yes . Most Programmers are getting ready to hack that version silly. Don't worry you will have your illegal emulation in time for your playtime.

xuphorz
gamecrazy is an awful place lol. Well here its an awful place.
if you happen to live in tennessse, go for GamesPlus,
if you happen to live in Missouri, go for CaveMan electronic/Vintage Stock Games

容ddragon
July 27th, 2005, 04:03
I live in Vegas. I have other..I mean I have SO many other options to go to. lol

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 04:06
yes . Most Programmers are getting ready to hack that version silly. Don't worry you will have your illegal emulation in time for your playtime.lol yea i just needed some insurance bro. You should see my xbox sure i hate most xbox games but i have every nintendo and super nintendo game on there.

容ddragon
July 27th, 2005, 04:10
I hate Xbox nothing amazes me about it.(And this includes Xbox 360) The only thing keeping it alive is the Halo series. Why you think Halo 3 is gonna release same day PS3 will come out? Yep, because they know Ps3 can steal there income.

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 04:12
Yea im not getting a 360 but i love my hacked xbox its like an old school database.

viva la' ps3

RabidPuppi
July 27th, 2005, 04:18
christ almighty 1timeuser chill out. people come here because they have questions... they dont need your crap, you geek. i mean even after you bitched him out for asking a question he remained fairly polite. i really wish some of you folks would stop discouraging people who dont spend all day reading about playstation on the internet from coming to this forum.

o0sambo0o81
July 27th, 2005, 04:27
you know, they are saying on g4 that it is rumored that version 2.0 will support homebrew. i dont know if its true, but their is a possibility, dont get mad at me if you disagree, i am just a messenger.

PSP_Newbie
July 27th, 2005, 04:34
you know, they are saying on g4 that it is rumored that version 2.0 will support homebrew. i dont know if its true, but their is a possibility, dont get mad at me if you disagree, i am just a messenger.
well, i really doubt it, sony has been pretty anti-homebrew for a while, but it would be awsome if that would change however unlikely that may be

JcBoyCool
July 27th, 2005, 04:35
forgive my short temperdness. Just.. didnt you think the fact that it said you needed a 1.5 firmware told you anything... I mean christ. do they just put thoes warnings on their for their own evil entertainment?
LOL I hear that.

xuphorz
July 27th, 2005, 04:35
I hate Xbox nothing amazes me about it.(And this includes Xbox 360) The only thing keeping it alive is the Halo series. Why you think Halo 3 is gonna release same day PS3 will come out? Yep, because they know Ps3 can steal there income.

if you softmod (liek i did) or hardmod your xbox, it can play n64, snes, nes, ps1, and alot others nearly perect. :)

skullface1_66
July 27th, 2005, 04:49
if you softmod (liek i did) or hardmod your xbox, it can play n64, snes, nes, ps1, and alot others nearly perect. :)Yea i know thats one realy great thing about xbox i used to have n64 on there but all the visuals swirled into each other and it didnt realy work.(its hard to explain) but yea i deffinatly have snes and nes on there works great.

xuphorz
July 27th, 2005, 05:03
Yea i know thats one realy great thing about xbox i used to have n64 on there but all the visuals swirled into each other and it didnt realy work.(its hard to explain) but yea i deffinatly have snes and nes on there works great.

it can also do Playstation 1 really good
you just need to burn the psx disc to an iso, then transfer to xbox, which takes up alot of space :(

容ddragon
July 27th, 2005, 05:18
if you softmod (liek i did) or hardmod your xbox, it can play n64, snes, nes, ps1, and alot others nearly perect. :)

I like to point out im in a flaming mode as of today. lol. And yes my COMPUTER can also play n64,snes,nes,ps1 and alot other "nearly" perfect as well.

And the poster above with his flame with 1timeuser ****. If you are flaming agianst geeks and nerds. Why are you even here? Geeks and nerds provide you with the **** you get, you *****. And not to mention geeks and nerds get the most money then the leacher who buy and download stuff off them.*****

If you can read you can learn. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON AND README. They are there for a reason! That goes to all leachers.

xuphorz
July 27th, 2005, 05:36
I like to point out im in a flaming mode as of today. lol. And yes my COMPUTER can also play n64,snes,nes,ps1 and alot other "nearly" perfect as well.

And the poster above with his flame with 1timeuser ****. If you are flaming agianst geeks and nerds. Why are you even here? Geeks and nerds provide you with the **** you get, you *****. And not to mention geeks and nerds get the most money then the leacher who buy and download stuff off them.*****

If you can read you can learn. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON AND README. They are there for a reason! That goes to all leachers.

let's see, this is always fun. (seriously, i like doing it)

first and second "****'s" i got, but i can't figure out what the third or fourth one are.

oh, and are you "RabidPuppi"'s post?
if so, i'd agreee with what your saying, this site is probly 95% geeks (i can't tell if i am or not)

容ddragon
July 27th, 2005, 05:40
haha lol funny yea I like playing that game as well. Well the
1st is-S
2nd is-S
3rd is-B
and last is- B

WINNER WINNER WINNER! You WIN! AIR!! WHOO WHOO!

And yes.

Cap'n 1time
July 27th, 2005, 21:38
christ almighty 1timeuser chill out. people come here because they have questions... they dont need your crap, you geek. i mean even after you bitched him out for asking a question he remained fairly polite. i really wish some of you folks would stop discouraging people who dont spend all day reading about playstation on the internet from coming to this forum.

You know, If I knew who you were I might put my geek fist in your face. I apologized for my short temperdness. And I have far better things to do all day then read about playstation or reply to retarded ass responces like this one. Yes Im ruining this topic, but we all know who to blame for that dont we. Take your bad attitude and shove it up your ass.

wraggster
July 27th, 2005, 21:43
Topic Closed, Keep on topic in the forums or go elsewhere

THIS ISNT A FLAME COMMUNITY