PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Users

JcBoyCool
July 27th, 2005, 05:48
Do any of you fine people have 2.0 yet? If I am right it is allready the 27th in Japan. If/when you guys upgrade (If you have Jap PSP's) tell us what you think of 2.0. Also try running some homebrew on it and see what happens (Maybe a miracle will happen and we can run homebrew right away :) A man can dream can't he? )

gamekiller
July 27th, 2005, 06:23
please can you guys tell me what is homebrew and when can i update my psp to 2.00 :confused:

Žeddragon
July 27th, 2005, 06:33
please can you guys tell me what is homebrew and when can i update my psp to 2.00 :confused:
Sorry but LMAO!!!! How did you ever found this place!!! LOL! :eek: Sorry oka... Hombrew is the search button on the top of the page. If you can just get your eyes very very close to it. You can see the little symbol on the top right of the button. It is so hard to get it on the psp *sigh*

Homebrew=Programmed data that is made by a person. Example a ported snesX9 or a GB emulator. GOD!
Or I got this from google

Homebrew video games are video games written by hobby programmers.

shadowprophet
July 27th, 2005, 07:34
lmao you couldnt pay me what my psp cost to update it and let me keep the damn thing lol

Theres no way man rotf:p

Skez
July 27th, 2005, 19:31
I have updated to 2.0 and have tried to run the following homebrew apps:
PSPaint
PSPlasma Demo
Mario World Demo

But all 3 came up as corrupted data (using the V 1.0 method of placing directloy to the GAME folder)

JcBoyCool
July 27th, 2005, 20:39
PSPaint
PSPlasma Demo
Mario World Demo

But all 3 came up as corrupted data (using the V 1.0 method of placing directloy to the GAME folder)
Try the 1.5 method.

DEATHROW
July 27th, 2005, 20:53
i got 2.0 i want the web so will this work it is only 9.99 and iam a cheap baster

here is the link
http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A5312108

by the way i cant spell for shit ok

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 22:04
[QUOTE=DEATHROW]i got 2.0 i want the web so will this work it is only 9.99 and iam a cheap baster[QUOTE=DEATHROW]

NO IT WONT WORK!!! u need a wireless router, which 'gives out' the internet connection wirelessly, whereas this product receives it!

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 22:07
PSPaint
PSPlasma Demo
Mario World Demo

You cannot run homebrew on 2.00!!! doesnt anyone know anything about the 2.00 upgrade!!!!!!! :eek:

gamekiller
July 28th, 2005, 01:36
i went to update it said i have the lastest update already but i have 1.52 please help me

Velo
July 28th, 2005, 02:36
Do any of you fine people have 2.0 yet? If I am right it is allready the 27th in Japan. If/when you guys upgrade (If you have Jap PSP's) tell us what you think of 2.0. Also try running some homebrew on it and see what happens (Maybe a miracle will happen and we can run homebrew right away :) A man can dream can't he? )

You should know already you can't run a home-brew on a newer version of the PSP. Sony isn't willing to grant dreams. At least someone tried though. Thankyou Skez for taking time out of your life to help, although some people may not appreciate it.

and don't worry, Dan255 just seems to have an attitude today, we all have our bad days.

i went to update it said i have the lastest update already but i have 1.52 please help me

sorry, I havn't heard any reports of this yet, try redownloading it and resetting your PSP before you try to install it. You might have to wait till 2.00 comes out in the US.

-James

Velo
July 28th, 2005, 08:24
It will not read the update file correctly, what do I do?
To successfully install 2.0, you must move the eboot file into your Game/UPDATE folder. If you do not have this folder already, please create it. NOTE: Be sure to have it in all caps for it to work.
(If this still occurs, back-up your data and reformat your memory stick, then try it)

from:http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8416

hope it helps,
James

wrazz
July 28th, 2005, 21:07
i got my 2.00 update yesterday-at work---
went to the jap download site
took a gamble--but downloaded update2.pbp--i think???
copied it onto my mem stick and came home
connected my psp--with more than 16 mb of space on my card--
and couldnt find where to copy to???
had to check a few posts to realise it goes in game/update folder--
created /update folder----dont think i used caps---
but then it was a visible icon in the psp----
i remembered that it has to be connected to mains while updating---
so i crossed everything and ran it---
ran it---
it worked----
what is the price on e-bay for un-updated jap psps---who cares anyway---:)
havent had the chance to check out the new www browser yet--but i heard theres a whole street in islington with free acces wirelessly--so i'll be trying it as soon as i can find a few spare hours after work
a keyboard is obviously needed---but once the bookmarks are stored--i think it will work well
wallpaper---works
i never liked pink as a theme--so its nice to choose blue--
just cant wait for some good games --been waiting a while--
ridge racer--still excites
and mgs acid--was a bit hard to get into--but it is a cool game-not what i expected--but it can pass an hour easily
so--i would say--go for it---
homebrew--if you want to tinker--why not---???
if you want a web service-video machine -mp3 -pic transfer gizmo--try it :)
you might like it
if you dont like it-try it :)
what a waste of money :)
not

leggy
July 28th, 2005, 22:18
The web browser is great fun!!